3D Printing Estes Display Stand

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Hydrazine

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This display stand was originally featured as a paper version found in the Estes model rocket Mini Brute Combo Javelin/Super Flea (kit# 0815) using 13mm mini-motors. You cut it out, glued or taped the tabs, and glued in a 13mm used rocket motor.

Now you have a 3D model of this display stand that you can download, print, and use to display all of your model rockets.

There are twelve files with three display versions in three different engine sizes.
1) 13mm post with a raised Estes logo
2) 13mm post with a recessed Estes logo
3) 13mm post with no logo, but with a recessed area.
4) 13mm Estes logo you can print and glue to the recessed area on the display stand.
5-8) 18mm display stand like the first four above.
9-12) 24mm display stand like the first four above.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5340335

Very cool. I am not sure where this one came from, someone else here posted this a while back, but here is the paper (2D) printable version: (now I see you have this image included in your ThingiVerse page already)

Do you have some hollow space in the platform or engine mount tube that you can fill with weights, to keep a taller model more stable? Can you safely hold up a Mercury Redstone with the 18mm with out it tipping over, for example? Also, you might want a groove and slot for an engine hook, to serve like a twist-lock to help keep the motor hook from being permanently bent while in the display stand. I usually cut a notch for the hook in my paper stands.

Attachments

• Estes_13mm_Stand_Instructions.pdf
    110 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Very cool. I am not sure where this one came from, someone else here posted this a while back, but here is the paper (2D) printable version: (now I see you have this image included in your ThingiVerse page already)

Do you have some hollow space in the platform or engine mount tube that you can fill with weights, to keep a taller model more stable? Can you safely hold up a Mercury Redstone with the 18mm with out it tipping over, for example? Also, you might want a groove and slot for an engine hook, to serve like a twist-lock to help keep the motor hook from being permanently bent while in the display stand. I usually cut a notch for the hook in my paper stands.

The link is here where you can find it.
http://www.spacemodeling.org/jimz/other/est09014.pdf

Back