Estes Composite Motors - Coming Soon!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting back to the topic of the OP, I went to the Estes site yesterday to search for anything regarding the composite motors, but "no joy".

However, today I ran across Estes Technical Note 2, which has a section titled "A Method For Calculating Chamber Pressures of Estes Model Rocket Engines".

https://www2.estesrockets.com/pdf/TN-2_Report.pdf

Greg

Getting back to the topic of the OP, I went to the Estes site yesterday to search for anything regarding the composite motors, but "no joy".

However, today I ran across Estes Technical Note 2, which has a section titled "A Method For Calculating Chamber Pressures of Estes Model Rocket Engines".

https://www2.estesrockets.com/pdf/TN-2_Report.pdf

Greg

Unfortunately that PDF file is a tad screwed up.

Yep, it's kind of "cut-n-paste" in places. Hopefully, it still good enough to be useful.

Greg

Problem is, the bottom fourth of each page is completely missing.

I'll go bug'em about it on Facebook.

[later] Done. We'll see if JumpJet is right about them paying attention to Facebook!

[a week later] Yep, they pay attention to Facebook. The file is now repaired!

Last edited:
The card on the table says "Fall 2011".

I don't know if they will make their debut in distribution chains first or at a national launch somewhere. I think that NARAM would be a great place, but that looks like it would be way too early to pull off.

Greg

I have my doubts with Estes. They have produced a whole lot of vapor ware in the past. I hope their new owners are different.

Andrew

I have my doubts with Estes. They have produced a whole lot of vapor ware in the past. I hope their new owners are different.

Andrew

I hear you on your doubts. But I am optimistic, because of the new management, that these motors have a high likelihood of coming to market.

This is from an Estes FB post from May 9 (to a different Andrew!):

Andrew, Currently we have 4 rockets being developed in the Pro Series II line. We are also working on Sonic Igniters for the Pro Series II rockets and currently nine composite engines, being E, F and G power. Our projected release date is prior to December 1 at this time. Thanks for asking!
If the December release date holds, I think I know what I want in my stocking for Christmas. ;)

Greg

Andrew
I've had my doubts with them in the past, but things are looking up. They've released a bunch of new kits and re-released several classics, though some aren't exact copies. They've certified the A8-0 and A10-0T again. John Boren is active on the rocket forums.

Since the new composite motors look like they are re-badged from Aerotech, it shouldn't be a tough thing to accomplish. I would hope that they wouldn't promote the motors if the contract with Aerotech hasn't already been signed, sealed, and delivered. :)

Since the new composite motors look like they are re-badged from Aerotech, it shouldn't be a tough thing to accomplish. I would hope that they wouldn't promote the motors if the contract with Aerotech hasn't already been signed, sealed, and delivered. :)

Gary Rosenfield confirmed elsewhere that Aerotech is supplying the motors for Estes.

Any updates?
I havnt heard anything more on this since the last post on this.

Back