Estes 1282 Photon Disruptor - nitpicky body tube dimensions question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertH3

No need to buy stands after a launch day!
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am working a Rocksim of the #1282 - original release.
I noted catalog length is 18.25"

But:
BT-20D (0.736" x 6.5")
BT-50W (0.976" x 9.5")
PNC-50X (Elliptical, 0.976" x 3.25")

If you add up the BNC-50X, BT-50, and BT-20 (minus the 2" inset given in the instructions), you get 17.25"
Is is a Catalog, Instructions, or part size error? Just nit-picking, I like my Estes originals to be original.

Note that the newer Kit #3025 is a different size.

Cheers / Robert

My Estes Photon Disruptor in the box with the 4inch Disruptor I bought from Dragon Rocketry:

Attachments

• Estes and 4 inch Photon Disruptor.jpg
    Estes and 4 inch Photon Disruptor.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
I just bought the Dragon kit also. Good stuff there with the E-Bay hardware, etc.
I was looking through Rocksim files and saw it either wasn't on the web or hadn't been done.
Thank you for the measurement ahead of time. I'll post the file up when it is done.

Cheers / Robert

I just bought the Dragon kit also. Good stuff there with the E-Bay hardware, etc.
I was looking through Rocksim files and saw it either wasn't on the web or hadn't been done.
Thank you for the measurement ahead of time. I'll post the file up when it is done.

Cheers / Robert
Send an email to Dragon, they will send you the Rocksim file for the their upscale for free after you have the kit.

My built kit is 17.75 inches in total length. I'm not really surprised with the variance. Back in the day, I had brand new kits where the body tubes had variances of 1/4 inch one way or the other right out of the bag.

Why not give my sim a try? I should mention it's unfinished, and based on OR 15.03.

1711473353219.jpeg

Attachments

• Estes Photon Disruptor (1282) Unfinished.ork
    4.2 KB · Views: 0
My built kit is 17.75 inches in total length. I'm not really surprised with the variance. Back in the day, I had brand new kits where the body tubes had variances of 1/4 inch one way or the other right out of the bag.
Thank you. I strongly suspect the catalog info was the incorrect part. Cheers / Robert

Back