Easter Theme

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trouble with an Easter based rocket is that it treads on thin ice of going into the religious area, in which politics and religion are the two things prohibited on the forum. keeping religion out of Easter and using only an Easter Bunny as the only symbol, or possibly eggs that could be attached around a tube, is about all you can offer.

The trouble with an Easter based rocket is that it treads on thin ice of going into the religious area, in which politics and religion are the two things prohibited on the forum. keeping religion out of Easter and using only an Easter Bunny as the only symbol, or possibly eggs that could be attached around a tube, is about all you can offer.
Good point! I have some ideas. @drone_boss

Personally, I am 50/50 on themed rockets, as they have a limited logical time to fly. Sure, who really cares, you can fly a pumpkin rocket in January if you feel like it and I doubt anybody would argue or if they do, they need to find a different hobby. . .

But, I often find I have way more rockets built than I could fly in a year, much less a launch and the specialty rockets get stored the most and flown the least. I built a Flintstones themed rocket for a club themed 'build a DRM' event and have flown it precisely once. It is functional paper 'decals' are peeling, but it is a good little rocket that I never grab to throw in the truck to fly. No good reason, just my experience. Similar with my Christmas tree rocket. Flew it on test flights from October through December, but never got it tuned in great and haven't thought about taking it to a launch in years.

Either way, build something that is fun during the build and if you enjoy that part, you won, even if it doesn't ever make a flight.

Sandy.

Edit: Oh nevermind, I was going to suggest a kit but this is the scratch-built section :facepalm:

Ya Sandy, themed rockets only have a limited life launch time. Kinda hope this one will fade away in a month or two.

Attachments

• UK 1.jpg
    UK 1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 10
  • UK 2.jpg
    UK 2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 10
Here's a starting point to scratch build an egg-shaped part.

Ya Sandy, themed rockets only have a limited life launch time. Kinda hope this one will fade away in a month or two.

Hopefully you'll be able to slightly update the decals and keep flying it. Maybe a red circle with a line through it and a date. . .

Sandy.

Back