Dupli-Color paint getting hard to find

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prfesser

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've looked for Dupli-Color paint in Honda metallic blue or pearl blue---not the exact name and I don't have the cap of the previous can. But DupliColor selection seems awfully skimpy right now. I've checked the local AutoZone, Advance Auto, NAPA, O'Reilly and another place and can't find it, nor anything remotely close. I usually go to AutoZone but at least two-thirds of that shelf is empty. Anyone know why, and whether it can be found elsewhere?

It's for a model Ferrari but I like that blue for rockets as well.

Many thanks,
Terry

I presume the lack of stock has something to do with the price. 8oz Duplicolor rattle cans going for $17.50 before tax, at nearby Advanced Auto Parts. I noticed selection and stock was skimpy a few weeks back as well. Suspect people don't want to pay that much. Home Depot sells Krylon/Rustoleum much cheaper (less then $10.00 a can), but probably not the same quality or match-capability of Duplicolor.

It has to do with the price. I talked to a couple of my local auto parts stores and they tell me they won't stock a lot of it as no one is buying it at the current costs. One store is asking $17.99 and the other is $18.99. I've been lucky and found some at Walmart for the old $10.99 price but even those deals are drying up quickly. I've worked with a few custom auto paint retailers online with great results. The cans from the online resellers are generally about $21-$25 delivered but I'm normally getting 24oz cans.

If you are willing to buy it by the case (6 cans) it can still be had for less than $10 per can via Amazon with free shipping.

I've always liked the Pontiac Blue Metallic
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B3UYE8K/?tag=forumyield-20&th=1
Personally, if you don't have an airbrush or air-compressor-based paint solution, this seems like a good excuse to get one!

https://www.automotivetouchup.com/
been using them for years, maybe 10 or more, in fact all the way back when they were just towerpaint.com

ive use touch up pens for prime, paint, clear. I've used their custom spray cans. They have 2k clear for good prices. They really can match anything, You order Volvo 019 black, you dont get some GM black with blue push. you can get single cans, gl pails, you name it.

im very careful about who i recommend to this kind of community. i really do believe in them.

And NO JOKE, use breathing protection when using 2K mixes

Back