Dumb question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonsayler

Reaction score
Hello I’m looking to extend my feather weight tracker system wiring so it has an on off switch for the 1 cell Lipo. Are these just “micro JST” connectors? I need to order male and female ends. Could there be another name for them? Want to make sure I get a compatible end

Hello I’m looking to extend my feather weight tracker system wiring so it has an on off switch for the 1 cell Lipo. Are these just “micro JST” connectors? I need to order male and female ends. Could there be another name for them? Want to make sure I get a compatible end
I believe the battery uses a JST ph 2.0 connector, it's the same connector that the Altus Metrum batteries use. Be very careful with the polarity. The batteries that Featherweight and Altus Metrum sell have the opposite polarity to pretty much every other battery on the market with that connector. It is extremely infuriating that there isn't a standard polarity for this connector, and that rocketry avionics apparently decided to use the reverse polarity from what all other batteries with that connector use, but it is what it is. Just be extra careful about the battery polarity when doing anything with these connectors.

These are the pigtails that I use to connect batteries. They do have the wrong polarity for the stock Featherweight battery, but they do match all of the other batteries that I use.

Back