Dremel

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlnel

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
What rotary tool would you recommend? The cordless or corded? What model or another brand? Used for- air foiling fins, drill small holes , cut fin slots and centering rings etc..

My first Dremel was a cordless. It was nice but you had to keep up with recharging it. Plus you have to replace batteries when they die. That one lasted a few years. The corded one I replaced it with, is still jamming well after 5 years. You choose.

I go through Dremels. Consider them disposable and get a few Cheap ones. That way, when the one you are using Breaks, you just unbox another. The Genisis Brand available on Amazon gets good Reviews, and I baught one and like it more than my last Dremel.

+1 for corded.

The continuous power definitely outweighs the flexibility of having a cordless.

Here's a really great addition to a Dremel. They make this flex shaft attachment which is way easier to hold on to. Once I attached this to my corded Dremel, it never came off. I use it religiously.

Dremel Flex Shaft.jpg

+100 on what Gary posted.

it took me years to finally drag out the flex attachment, and life is GOOD :)

Now, I don't know what Topramen is doing with his dremels.... but I have 3, and the oldest, circa 1980-ish fixed speed version started giving out just a few years ago.

Last edited:
Definitely a corded Dremel. I had to replace the plastic coupling between the motor and the output shaft this year. First maintenance on this unit in 20 years. Pretty good reliability IMHO.

Corded all the way! If you find you need a cordless, then buy it as a second tool.

My first Dremel lasted me over 20 years!

Jerome :)

Back