Don’t do it!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawndart

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday I decided to get vaccinated. Ended up getting Covid 19, Flu, RSV, and first shingles shots. My wife told me not to get all four at once. Apparently, this year’s flu shot (especially for us old folks) is pretty harsh.

Felt just fine last night and this morning. BUT an hour ago it hit me. I should have learned after 46 years of marriage to listen to her. Good thing I’m retired and can just lay here and shiver in my comfy pj’s and winter jacket.

I am skipping any more of the covid shots, after receiving the first and 2 boosters. Shingles shots, first was not an issue, the 2nd was a real killer. I hurt for days, felt like I was hit by a freight train.
This years flu shot was last Monday. Just a bit achy for two days. First time I have ever had any kind of reaction after a flue shot.
My doc didn't say anything about the RSV, so not worried about it, she did however schedule me for the pneumonia vax early ( I am 63) since I am on immune system compromising meds.

My wife is a retail pharmacist, who has to give lots of shots. Despite what the CDC says, in that you CAN get multiple shots at once, she always counsels her patients to get them separately, typically at least 2 weeks apart. This gives some time for your immune system to calm down a bit; otherwise you are more likely to feel really poorly, whereas if you spaced them out it isn't as bad.

DEFINITELY with the 2nd Shindrex shot, do not get anything for awhile afterwards; most people, including myself and the wife felt really poorly for about 3 days. She got the extra bonus of per psoritic psoriais flaring up, and got lots of prickly bumps on her arms, which are slowly subsiding.

We followed the same approach with our son as he was growing up; the pediatrician wholeheartedly agreed with the space the vaccinations out approach.

Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:
When I was due for my second shingles vaccination, I was also in the window to get my covid booster.
I asked the doctor how much time I should wait in between these shots.
Was told that I should either get them simultaneously, or wait at least 3-4 weeks in between.

I opted to get them together.

Yeah, that indeed sucked A LOT!
Don't ever really want to do that again, and highly recommend against it.

s6

Yesterday I decided to get vaccinated. Ended up getting Covid 19, Flu, RSV, and first shingles shots. My wife told me not to get all four at once. Apparently, this year’s flu shot (especially for us old folks) is pretty harsh.

Felt just fine last night and this morning. BUT an hour ago it hit me. I should have learned after 46 years of marriage to listen to her. Good thing I’m retired and can just lay here and shiver in my comfy pj’s and winter jacket.
That is lot to wear you down. I would guess the worst is the Shingles.

Shingles, by itself, was more than enough. I did Covid and flu together last year and don't really care for a repeat of that either. As soon as I'm over this cold, I'll start on this year's one at a time.

Last week I got my Covid booster and the annual flu shot. Declined the RSV jab.
Injection site soreness the next day. Thats it.

Wednesday, Sharon and I got our Moderna Covid, Flu and Tetanus shots. Both the Covid and flu shots in the left arm, and the Tetanus, diphtheria and Whooping cough (one combined shot) in the right. The Tetanus burned a bit going in, but the other two were hardly noticeable. Yesterday my left arm was sore, more so at the flu injection, nothing at the right arm. Sharon noticed some flu like symptoms yesterday, but has no residual symptoms today.
As per my Marine Corps training, we both did a "Rip Trainer" upper body workout after the injections.

I will spare you the memories of my 7 weeks in Basic training, you wouldn't believe me anyway...

I got shingles #2, flu, and pneumonia together 2 weeks ago. Felt horrible for a couple days. Then back to normal pretty quickly.

The end of Sept I got the Moderna COVID shot. No real reaction other than a sore arm for 2 days.

Then 13 days later I got the Flu shot. No reaction at all, not even a sore arm.

Wednesday, Sharon and I got our Moderna Covid, Flu and Tetanus shots. Both the Covid and flu shots in the left arm, and the Tetanus, diphtheria and Whooping cough (one combined shot) in the right. The Tetanus burned a bit going in, but the other two were hardly noticeable. Yesterday my left arm was sore, more so at the flu injection, nothing at the right arm. Sharon noticed some flu like symptoms yesterday, but has no residual symptoms today.
As per my Marine Corps training, we both did a "Rip Trainer" upper body workout after the injections.
I will spare you the memories of my 7 weeks in Basic training, you wouldn't believe me anyway...
Nothing so complex, but I learned a similar lesson in the Army (after getting shots a a distant clinic and riding several hours in a van before being able to move freely). I always do a set of push-ups after getting a shot in the arm.

This is suspect as most pharmacy’s and Doc offices will not give you the shingles shot and Covid or flu shots at the same time. They are too strong….if you were able to do that then where you went is not good and the people there don’t know what they are doing. Shingles first shot is too strong to be done with the others. Any pharmacist would have advised so. Covid and flu shots are ok together. If your doc really did say it was ok then I would definitely change docs…this info is coming from a pharmacist that says take no 2 strong shots together. I am sorry but healthcare nowadays can be iffy.

Last edited:
Both shingles shots really knocked me out, nearly a week each. For all that pain and suffering, I better not get shingles!!

Both shingles shots really knocked me out, nearly a week each. For all that pain and suffering, I better not get shingles!!
I will 2nd that. I would not wish shingles on anybody! When I was in college, I came down/up with a case. My entire back was covered along with a band just about when my belt and or jeans rode. Just the weight of a t shirt was agony.
40 some years later I still suffer with neuralgia on my back.

I will 2nd that. I would not wish shingles on anybody! When I was in college, I came down/up with a case. My entire back was covered along with a band just about when my belt and or jeans rode. Just the weight of a t shirt was agony.
40 some years later I still suffer with neuralgia on my back.
Exactly, shingles can actually lead to blindness if it is in the wrong nerve at the wrong time and situation.

Back