Does anyone know of a hobby shop that will ship high power motors internationally ??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SARocketMan

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Do you know of anyone that will ship high power motors from the US to Aus ?

I have all the import permits and that stuff so I'm not just wasting peoples time.

We have a very big motor shortage.(nothing above a G64 in the whole country)

I wouldn't like to go through aerotech because it seems they have no time for the little guy.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

I would suggest having someone local handle the shipping as motors cannot go air.

Well I would love that, but there just ISNT ANYONE GETTING MOTORS.

Also that only talks about individuals I'm not after an individual and also you can ship motors on a plane I don't know what that thing is on about.

Alex

I know of no consumer suppliers that ship overseas at least to individuals. AT or CTI would be in a good position to comment if they see this thread.

It is illegal for "hobby shops" to ship motors internationally. You must deal with the manufacturer or distributor.

This is a list of distributors from aerotech. I do not think any of these will ship internationally.

A Wildman's Rocket Supply
P.O. Box 33
Van Orin, IL 61374
866-707-9453

Commonwealth Displays
12649 Dix-Toledo
Southgate, MI 48195
734-282-1055

Dealers Hobby Supply, Inc.
10560 Metcalf
Overland Park, KS 66212
913-381-3111

H&H Wholesale Distributors
7821 W. Burleigh
Milwaukee, WI 53222
414-461-6013

Horizon Hobby Distributors
4105 Fieldstone Drive
Champaign, IL 61822
800-338-4639
https://www.horizonhobby.com

Pyrotek, Inc./Red Arrow Hobbies
5095 Red Arrow Hwy.
Stevensville, MI 49127
269-429-8233

Stevens International
P.O. Box 126
White Horse Pike & Marion Avenue
Magnolia, NJ 08049
856-435-1555

They do list this one in AU:

DAWN TRADING
17 TENTERDEN RD.
BOTANY
NEW SOUTH WALES
AUSTRALIA 2019
61-2-9666-4999
61-2-9666-3404

This is a list of distributors from aerotech. I do not think any of these will ship internationally.

I'll try some more names on that list.I have alread try a couple.

DAWN TRADING

If DT were doing there job then I wouldn't be .They've stopped get in anything above a G64.

rstaff3 I know of no consumer suppliers that ship overseas at least to individuals. AT or CTI would be in a good position to comment if they see this thread.

Could you please PM me there email address.

Thanks guys,

Please still keep telling me your ideas.

Alex

CTI is run by Anthony Cesaroni (also his name on TRF) and AT by Gary Rosenfield (garoq on TRF). You can PM or email them from TRF.

CTI is run by Anthony Cesaroni (also his name on TRF) and AT by Gary Rosenfield (garoq on TRF). You can PM or email them from TRF

I don't want Cesaroni motors because then I would need to get a new set of casings.

Also won't Gary Rosenfield just tell me to go to Aerotech ?

Which I don't want to do because they will tell me to go to Dawn Trading and DT don't have any motors.

Alex

Well I thought you asked for their emails based on the quote of my earlier post. I guess you have all the contacts that are readily available. Good luck.

Originally posted by SARocketMan
Well I would love that, but there just ISNT ANYONE GETTING MOTORS.

Also that only talks about individuals I'm not after an individual and also you can ship motors on a plane I don't know what that thing is on about.

Alex

If you can't ship on a plane then you have to go sea cargo. Shipping one little box is much more expensive.

You need to deal with a local supplier. If none is currently available then ask your local suppliers to add to their next order. Will take some time, but this may be your best option. Also try to get more people interested to get a bigger order together.

Well I thought you asked for their emails based on the quote of my earlier post. I guess you have all the contacts that are readily available. Good luck.

Sorry I didn't know who AT and CTI were.

Thanks anyway.

You need to deal with a local supplier. If none is currently available then ask your local suppliers to add to their next order. Will take some time, but this may be your best option. Also try to get more people interested to get a bigger order together.

THE LOCAL SUPPLIER IS NOT GETTING ANYTHING ABOVE A G64.

If they were then I wouldn't have gone and got my own import permit.

The order will be of a good size $1500-2000 USD, but thats not enough to go to AEROTECH.

Keep the responses coming where starting to get some where.

Alex

When you come to NZ I suggest you talk to Gerry Munden of Aerospace Education.
He imports all the motors for the commercial fliers here :) .

Could probably give you some tips and ideas.

When you come to NZ I suggest you talk to Gerry Munden of Aerospace Education.He imports all the motors for the commercial fliers here

Yeah I talk to him on monday.I'll get an order of motors off him in the new year, but it's hard and point less for him as he's not making that much money and also he has to go to a lot of trouble to send the motors.

So that why I'm looking for someone in the US ?Also it works out cheaper and there is a bigger range of motors.

PS I'll see you on the 4th of feb.What are you going to fly ?

Alex

You may not be able to work directly with the vendors, but you may be able to better understand the constraints they have on our end. But if you can arrange something with an existing importer, it should be OK.

My one experience with export licenses is that they are a royal pain you know where.

I'm not sure what i'll be flying, but i'll have some EX on hand - some H's and I's, 38mm, most likely reds and whites, maybe some blues.
If I get my current problem sorted out that is :rolleyes: :mad: .
See you on the 4th - let me know if you want to fly anything as a "airborne test platform" ;) .

And yeah, he isn't making much money. The shipping is a real price killer.

Commonwealth Displays said they'll do it.So I'm all set.

He only has up to a J570, but hopefully that might change in time.

How much do you yanks have to pay for a J+ license ?

Thanks guys:)

See you on the 4th

Yeah hopefully I'll do a J350 and a I284.

Alex

Latest posts

Back