Do you recognize what this is??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curtis Enlow

Reaction score
This was sent to me via USPS from Surprise, AZ. Clearly, it's a nicely molded Lunar surface stand or mount for something, but I didn't order it or know what it's for...?

Anyone...?
IMG_20230613_152851_01.jpg

I put it into Google Image search, it found a few flower bases that looked like the big craters but not the tiny ones.

I bet an Etsy or other user made it to hold a Lunar Lander and probably started with the flower base files I saw and added the extra detail in.

I assume a person sent this to you and not a company since the sender's name you fuzed out.

Is it cheese?
LUNAR cheese!

Mystery solved: My brother gave me a Major Matt Mason figure (one of my favorite toys in the 60s) a couple years ago. Recently he saw a stand for it, so he bought it and had it sent to me as a surprise.

My bro's cool :)
IMG_20230613_201023.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like the rocket stands that RocketPoxy (Glenmark) sent out with Wildman BF special.

BTW, I had all of the Major Matt Mason stuff... the space station, the totally awesome crawler, etc. Pretty cool stuff.

That looks like the rocket stands that RocketPoxy (Glenmark) sent out with Wildman BF special.

BTW, I had all of the Major Matt Mason stuff... the space station, the totally awesome crawler, etc. Pretty cool stuff.
Oh, the hours I spent...

My Dad was at a construction site and found a 3' circle of expanding foam that someone had created testing their foam gun. It looked just like the surface of the Moon, so he brought it home for my Space Station - it was perfect!

Can't help but wonder, is rocketpoxy out of AZ?

The Crawler with the powerful, geared down motor and winch was so useful for so many things! I remember seeing those still knocking around and working late into the 70's.

crawler.JPG

Back