3D Printing Do you have a 3d printer?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have a 3D printer?

• Yes

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • a lot of them…

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
Yeah, hotends that can go up to 300C without Bowden tubes are best And enclosure for sure, and most printers have a heated bed.
Bowden tubes? Holy smokes, one more finagle to look out for! You prefer direct drive, I take it? (I had to use "the Google" to figure out what the dickens a bowden tube was and why it applied to 3D printers...)

I take it that y'all probably wouldn't recommend jumping in with a resin printer? I noticed the Prusa SL1S is indeed small, but my what finely detailed parts it can make! Of course, it's wildly more expensive as well...

Bowden tubes? Holy smokes, one more finagle to look out for! You prefer direct drive, I take it? (I had to use "the Google" to figure out what the dickens a bowden tube was and why it applied to 3D printers...)

I take it that y'all probably wouldn't recommend jumping in with a resin printer? I noticed the Prusa SL1S is indeed small, but my what finely detailed parts it can make! Of course, it's wildly more expensive as well...

Not necessarily, but more direct drive extruders did away with the tubes. The important part is where the tube and extruder meet, as long as its not against the heated extruder then all is good. If you look at the Bambu X1C/P1* you can see they have tubes to the extruder, but when you tear it apart, you can see that there is a separation between the heated extruder and the tube.

I know cwbullet has mentioned he has some resin printers, and a few others too. I have one; I've yet to think about using it for rocketry mostly because I am not doing a lot of scale rocketry so the need for fine parts isn't there for me - now doing gaming minatures, etc. its great for (until they break, oh well print another!). Its also a heck of a lot more work to print, deal with the resin, wash off, UV cure it, etc not to mention very small build volumes. For scale parts on like real rockets? That it'd be great at! But thats just my 2 cents

Back