Do you grease delay O-Rings?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you grease delay O-rings

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
the other benefit to that high temp red grease is it takes me back 20+ years to when I was in the Navy and used it by the barrel full in the engine room....seemed like we used it on everything. He scent takes me right back....

the other benefit to that high temp red grease is it takes me back 20+ years to when I was in the Navy and used it by the barrel full in the engine room....seemed like we used it on everything. He scent takes me right back....
Dab a little in your ears for old time's sake. :D

Just a sheen with Slick 50 grease and I have developed the habit of looking at the delay thru the front of the closure to make sure the passage is clear before adding the black power. This is really important when helping people with cert attempts (and they may not have gotten the just a sheen message). On a related subject I gone over to the do not grease the liner school of thought. Clean up is much easier now.

\
The biggest problem? It's probably the messiest thing you can use. Talk to someone who's had the container of it fall over in their range box on a warm day, or while in the car.

-Kevin

and that is also the reason I have stopped taking CA and open containers of epoxy to the field.... lol

Back