Do new reloads fit old Aerotech cases?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElDuderino

Reaction score
I was recently given an old Aerotech 38/480 case in perfect condition, manufactured in 1993. Does anyone know if new reloads will fit this old case? For free it seems worth a shot.

I was recently given an old Aerotech 38/480 case in perfect condition, manufactured in 1993. Does anyone know if new reloads will fit this old case? For free it seems worth a shot.

Yep, they will! In addition, if you received closures, they're compatible with current hardware.

On possible issue is that some of the later 38mm loads use a larger nozzle that requires a different rear closure. I don't believe any of those are for the 38/480 case, though.

-Kevin

I agree that the case should be fine. If you are really concerned you can get the drawing for the case from the Aerotech website. You can then measure the case against the drawing.

Yep, they will! In addition, if you received closures, they're compatible with current hardware.

On possible issue is that some of the later 38mm loads use a larger nozzle that requires a different rear closure. I don't believe any of those are for the 38/480 case, though.

-Kevin

The only 38/480 reload that requires the enlarged aft closure is the I1299N.:wink:

The older closure will work just fine with the others.

Is this the same aft closure that was introduced with the J350? Or is there an even newer one?
Yes,if you have the closure with the smaller hole,just enlarge it with a unibit or a drill bit,not sure size. I did that with all mine and is backwards compatible with the small opening loads.

Last edited:
Is this the same aft closure that was introduced with the J350? Or is there an even newer one?

Either the J350 or the J570, I forget which one required it. Regardless, if you have the one with a larger hole, you're fine -- there have only been two aft closures that I'm aware of.

-Kevin

Back