Discount Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill2654

Reaction score
Anyone know whats up with Discount Rocketry? I have been trying to call them for 2 weeks and all I get is an answering machine. It says to leave a name and # and they will get back but never do. They are also out of a lot of stuff I want.

I saw them at a launch a couple weeks ago and didn't see anything weird. Normally I contact them through e-mail and get pretty prompt responses.

Anyone know whats up with Discount Rocketry? I have been trying to call them for 2 weeks and all I get is an answering machine. It says to leave a name and # and they will get back but never do. They are also out of a lot of stuff I want.

Ditto. I have run into the same problem myself. I have a gift certificate from my wife to buy parts for an HPR project, but they are out of just about everything that I need. I sent an email, but have not heard anything.

Last edited:
Still no response to phone calls or emails. I have had nothing but good things to say about them up till now...

I called the 760-224-0950 and 760-224-0300 numbers and just got voice mail. We'll see what happens.
The web site says that you can only redeem a gift certificate via calling 760-224-0950. I understand that small companies can encounter problems or even fold without notice, but I don't want my gift certificate to go down the drain.

I called the 760-224-0950 and 760-224-0300 numbers and just got voice mail. We'll see what happens.
The web site says that you can only redeem a gift certificate via calling 760-224-0950. I understand that small companies can encounter problems or even fold without notice, but I don't want my gift certificate to go down the drain.

I visited their new offices last week. I'd say you have little to worry about with them about going out of business. I'll try sending them an e-mail pointing to this thread and hopefully that will help with your issues.

I did hear back from Ruby from Discount Rocketry the other day via both email and phone.

They are still in business... they have been a little sluggish responding due to illness and reduced staff... very understandable. Ruby was very polite and responsive. :clap:

Ruby said that they have discountinued carrying any Aerotech parts or motors. A big part of my concerns over the last few months was that I hoping the buy some Aerotech motors and slotted body tubes, was checking checking Discount Rocketry periodically, only to find less and less Aerotech parts in stock. My fear was that Discount Rocketry was going under... now I know that it is because they had discontinued Aerotech.

I did hear back from Ruby from Discount Rocketry the other day via both email and phone.

They are still in business... they have been a little sluggish responding due to illness and reduced staff... very understandable. Ruby was very polite and responsive. :clap:

Ruby said that they have discountinued carrying any Aerotech parts or motors. A big part of my concerns over the last few months was that I hoping the buy some Aerotech motors and slotted body tubes, was checking checking Discount Rocketry periodically, only to find less and less Aerotech parts in stock. My fear was that Discount Rocketry was going under... now I know that it is because they had discontinued Aerotech.

We carry the entire line of Aerotech motors!
We currently are about to place and order and could order the tubes you require. Let me know....!

Steve @cdi
https://cdimodelrocketry.com

Back