Did my good deed for the day!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpoehlein

Reaction score
I was doing some Christmas shopping at Hobby Lobby this evening and decided to swing by the rocket isle to see if they had anything new (they didn't). There was a couple looking at the rockets trying to decide what to get for their sons for Christmas. They had a Taser Twin in their hands and were getting a pack of C6-0 motors for it (no sustainer motor). I had to speak up and offered my advice about rockets. As it turned out, they were buying for three twenty-year-olds who had never flown rockets, and really weren't too keen on painting the models. I explained a bit about some of the models and then realized they probably didn't have a launcher or anything. So I ended up steering them to the Crossfire starter set and a Skywriter rocket, then suggested some B motors for them, switch a pack of C motors just for fun. They were extremely grateful for the advice. I'd like to think I made the difference between a so-so gift that might never have been built and flown to one that they will be able to build easily, take out and actually fly.

I was doing some Christmas shopping at Hobby Lobby this evening and decided to swing by the rocket isle to see if they had anything new (they didn't). There was a couple looking at the rockets trying to decide what to get for their sons for Christmas. They had a Taser Twin in their hands and were getting a pack of C6-0 motors for it (no sustainer motor). I had to speak up and offered my advice about rockets. As it turned out, they were buying for three twenty-year-olds who had never flown rockets, and really weren't too keen on painting the models. I explained a bit about some of the models and then realized they probably didn't have a launcher or anything. So I ended up steering them to the Crossfire starter set and a Skywriter rocket, then suggested some B motors for them, switch a pack of C motors just for fun. They were extremely grateful for the advice. I'd like to think I made the difference between a so-so gift that might never have been built and flown to one that they will be able to build easily, take out and actually fly.

You done a good thing my man. I helped a few Daddies and sons in Hobby Lobby like that also. Feels good when they didn't expect someone with model rocket knowledge to be there to help them on their way. Ain't that grand?

I like helping people with things like this. I help a lot of (older) people with reloads at local CATO launches and help them get their kits in the air. Very nice feeling...

So, you took it upon yourself to create three more monsters---DAMN FINE JOB !!

I doubt that - I've found that most rockets sold for Christmas are buy and fly, then put away forever. But I still feel good about helping make their rocket purchase work instead of becoming a source of frustration.

MOST rockets...
My DS junior under the tree sure as heck is not getting put away forever!

Matt

Good job! I saw a gentleman walking in Michael's with a rocket kit, my advice, "your going to get hooked". I think he already was.

Back