Der Red Max "Politically Incorrect" Fallout?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliveroonie

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had the wife question why you were cloning a Red Max?

I am just curious if anyone has received any comments about Der Red Max or Blue Bird Zero, or any of the other seemingly offensive pseudo-German decal schemes. I personally love Der Red Max, but I know it must ruffle some feathers out there.

Cool rocket, but its too bad they didn't name it "Der Rote Max". Sticking Red in there just sounds so dorky. :(

-I've never put that much thought into it, I just like the way it looks.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bit_Eimer
Cool rocket, but its too bad they didn't name it "Der Rote Max". Sticking Red in there just sounds so dorky. :(

At age 11 when I first got mine I thought the RED Max was pretty cool. I think "Rote" would have sounded more "dorky" to the 99% of Estes rocketeers that didn't speak or understand German.

Originally posted by rokitflite
At age 11 when I first got mine I thought the RED Max was pretty cool. I think "Rote" would have sounded more "dorky" to the 99% of Estes rocketeers that didn't speak or understand German.
Totally agree

I don't think its a problem because the Real Red Max was a fighter pilot from world war 1.:)

"Red Baron" = Richthofen / German ACE / Flying Circus / Red Fokker Tri Plane

Blue Max = Germany's highest military award during WWI

Red Baron + Blue Max = Red Max

Cool! I left the fine details out. I was just tring to show it was from WW1 Not WW2.
:D

Back