Deployment sacks..not bags.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how many flight did you have on them? was this regular thickness..like blue jeans..material?

Tony
Cotton canvas about the same weight as denim by feel, so similar thickness to blue jeans (10-12oz or so iirc when I bought it). As for number of flights this one probably had 2 dozen or so flights, I don't wash them as they are considered disposable (and it removes the flame retardant). The retardant did its job, the only way to get the material to flame was to blow on it and keep blowing on it, but the natural breeze was enough to keep the edges of the burned areas glowing red, enough to probably start a fire in cheat grass (and we have a lot of cheat grass between the sod circles). I was trying to save a bit of money looking at alternative materials and at this point am going back to nomex, I can get nomex fairly easy via FleaBay and other sources, and I have access to my wifes sewing maching (and my FIL's commercial machine if needed).

Back