deleted

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Eric!
There's some great graphic work on this one!
I've saved the files and hope to build it one day!
(Too many irons on the fire right now)

I am beginning to work on this useing some tubeing. Will use tubing for the motor mount.

Last edited:
Hi Eric,
I have built one of the nose cones, but it turned out shorter than the origenal plastic nose cone that I have in my Starfighter kit. Can you put an inch marking guide on the PDF files for reference?

Thanks Eric,
My printer is on 100%. I can up the size to get the proper size, I just thought an inch mark might help others. Your drawings look great. Thanks.

Ok, I'll bite. I've just finished printing out the pages. Let's see if I've just bitten off more than I can chew, being a relative card-stock rocket newbie. (I've done a couple of Art Applewhite's kits, and I have a TRF Logo rocket far down the build queue)

Will Eric this is where I eat crow. I check the drawing with the body tubes. They are right on the mark. I check my paper nose cone again and it's on the mark also.

All I can is sorry, my bad.

2:rbelknap...
I designed the TRF rockets' card parts, constrution layout and graphics.. To use the old Estes rocket challenge scale; The TRF is what I would consider about a 2.5 maybe, but this starfighter in my card form is about a 5.5-6! If you can pull it off with what's on the forum now; you'll have my utmost respect as a paper shaper. But there's no shame in doing other things and working up to something like this. I hope this isn't too patronizing, but I don't want to see anyone get discouraged trying something like this starfighter as a first kit, failing, and hating cardstock modeling and rocketry forever. Ok?

No worries here. I have the parts printed and reference images downloaded (including the plans for the original centuri model from the jimz plans site) so I have everything for when i'm ready to tackle it. I'll have to take a look around and see if there are other interesting ( and less complex) models to build up my skills with. I'm on the fence about opening my TRF kit since I got number 10. I may end up ordering a second one to build and fly.

Back