Custom rocket paint job & custom decal photos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG-5296-3.jpg

Last edited:
Great paint job and design features. Love to see fully decked out rockets hate seeing them bare in the raw, just shows that the builder was lazy and doesn't have any pride in his project. You did one of the best jobs I've seen in a long time !

Dan
Even NASA and race cars are painted up to show the builders have pride in their build. IMO not painting is an insult to the designers.
Dang, I guess we all have different viewpoints then. Is it an insult to paint it different than the way the designer has it then? Creativity is not allowed? Just curious.

I think it’s fair to say whatever speaks to the builder if he or she likes it primer only or full gloss shinning like a mirror
Then that’s perfect
Some love the build part …
some love the paint part…..
some love the flight part…..
some love it all…….

Dan

Dang, I guess we all have different viewpoints then. Is it an insult to paint it different than the way the designer has it then? Creativity is not allowed? Just curious.
No not at all, the effort put forth to paint it shows that the builder is proud of it. Pink, green, primer only anything is something that shows at least they made an attempt to do a "Finish" to show it is Finished to all viewers. To my thinking an unpainted or undecorated rocket is like building a house but never put siding on it or landscape the yard. Build a car but leave it raw steel, no upholstery or carpet. Buy a Christmas tree put it in the stand in the livingroom and never put a decoration on it. I do know many in my club joke about the rockets in the Raw, they just look unfinished and ugly.

Great looking rockets that diamond back one is cool
Very realistic
Is that in the same family as the surface to air missile “sidewinder”

QUOTE="teepot, post: 2201826, member: 30421"]
Here are some of my rockets.View attachment 489746View attachment 489747View attachment 489748View attachment 489749View attachment 489750
Great looking rockets that diamond back one is cool
Very realistic
Is that in the same family as the service to air missile “sidewinder”
[/QUOTE]
Only in my Air Force. Right out of my mind.

It’s awesome!!

QUOTE="teepot, post: 2202416, member: 30421"]
[/QUOTE]
Only in my Air Force. Right out of my mind.
[/QUOTE]

To my thinking an unpainted or undecorated rocket is like building a house but never put siding on it or landscape the yard. Build a car but leave it raw steel, no upholstery or carpet. Buy a Christmas tree put it in the stand in the livingroom and never put a decoration on it.
Or like a nice house and not spending $200 on painting the garage walls, can you say unconscientious greedy builder?

Plans from the Centuri Model Rocket Designers Manual: The Bug, Pay Dirt, Achilles, & Cloud Buster.

I made some special graphics for Cloud Buster, but decided to leave them off, something like this, you get the idea. I just thought they were a bit too corny, and I liked the look of the rocket better without these.
Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 8.34.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 8.35.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 8.31.18 PM.png

Not so much the paint but the general finish. Started life as a Protostar, somewhat modified...

Outer Rim Pirate Bomber

The thing I like about builds like this is not necessarily the build quality (well done, but people do nice work on straight kits as well), but the vision the designer has. I think I could execute many of the methods shown on the kit at between a 6-8/10, but I just don't have the vision to make something so cool. I'm ok at functional stuff, but artistic builds are so amazing and just a million miles outside of my skill-set from the design standpoint.

Well done. Awesome. Super cool!

Sandy.

Back