Custom rocket paint job & custom decal photos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some of mine..

Wildman 3" Punisher... in Punisher scheme (Duh). Mostly decals.
Screenshot_20230215_170143_Chrome.jpg
This one took me a while to plan and do and afterwards someone asked if I minded him copying the scheme and I said not at all. Later on I saw his copy submitted to Wildman's customer photos just as I was about to submit mine! Oh well, punished me for being nice lol.
Screenshot_20230215_170228_Chrome.jpg
Middle vinyl from Stickershock, bullet holes and blood drips from eBay and Punisher shooting vinyl I think I found on Amazon.

I turned a lowly Aerotech Sumo into a Street fighter! :D
20230216_221322.jpg
Head is original from the kit, body is custom modded copy of Streetfighter Honda in flying attack mode printed on self-adhesive label paper (along with the hands).

This Aerotech Cheetah has one of my cheesiest paint jobs...
Screenshot_20230215_165731_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230215_165747_Photos.jpg
All home printed decals except for the shoes, which was self-adhesive paper. Body was heavily customized and pieced together graphic and one huge waterside decal.

The next are more recent and you may have seen, but posting here anyway since I'm a fame monger. 😆

Aerotech Phoenix in Gatchaman/G-Force God Phoenix scheme.
Screenshot_20230215_165651_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230215_171016_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230215_170945_Photos.jpg
All paint except for some home printed decals ("G" on front and two on the back).

Radical Rocketry BT60 F-104 Starfighter in German Jabo last flight commemorative scheme.
20230212_181340.jpg
20230208_110234.jpg
All home print decals for the main graphics and middle fuselage was painted black. I had a small model and I used its decals by scanning and printing it larger (some trial and error).

EDIT ADD:
Here's a scratchbuilt Tomahawk Cruise Missile using an Estes Viking Bulk kit and Cricut vinyl.
Screenshot_20230216_010846_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230216_011532_Photos.jpg
I scanned the Quest decals and modified it for the Cricut. The small size was definitely a challenge!

Last edited:
BMW San Marino Blue
8yWYiB6.jpg

ZPEkGJr.jpg

iMfeiNE.jpg

Great graphics what clear coat are you using?
It's automotive paint, then the vinyl graphics on top, no extra clear coat was used. My SIL managed several body shops and got the painter to work the 4 rockets in when he was spraying cars the similar colors, so that he just filled his spray gun up to shoot the rocket at the same time.

Me and my girlfriend are getting into HPR and here is the only finished pic of my rainbow camouflage Zephyr before she got lost in a tree somewhere and the teal Goblin is hers. We were both going for our L1s. She got hers as the chute release worked perfectly. Sadly my chute release somehow slipped off or was accidentally triggered and the chute opened at apogee and sailed away into the woods. We both used H100Ws. LOC Cyclotron has arrived and is in the process of being built for my next attempt in November.1000003655.jpg

Back