CTI P29-3G ? s

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Reaction score
So I kind a jumped in with both feet without really doing the research I should have and have a few questions.
I purchased a used CTI P29-3G case and aft closure used here recently and need to make sure Im on the right page when the time comes to order loads and use it. Seems to me at one point I saw a video on assembly , I know the CTIS's are pretty cut and dry , but Im a see it - hands on guy. Not to mention the use of grain spacers and delays I have some questions with. What else do I need - what to buy ??

The reason I went with this case was , I have 2 / 2.6mm Mozzies - Hawk 23-B - a MC Bomark - and an Argent PS2 that I felt (thought) would cover me for a pretty wide range -all 29mm of course . I guess first off, am I on the right page for using this case in these rockets and some motor suggestions would be great. The PS2 has 6-7 flights on G-40 single use and has been perfect, the rest are still unflown at this point.

Point a newb in the right direction please- :facepalm:

Grain spacers allow you to fly 1 and 2 grain motors in a 3 grain case. Also, if you plan on solely motor eject, plan on buying a Pro-DAT (Delay Adjustment Tool). Allows you to adjust the delay.

Trust me, even my sister could assemble one. And that is saying a lot.

I love my 3G case. The H410 and G106 are my two favorite motors in it.

So I need grain spacers or do they come with the loads ? and I kinda figured on the grain tool- all motor eject for now .

Any suggestions on the Mozzies - and poss some thing close to a G40- G80 for the Argent ??

I plan on going for my L-1 with the Argent on a very soft motor- suggestions welcome. How does the 3 grain G54 compare to the G40-G80 single use ??

G54 - https://www.thrustcurve.org/simfilesearch.jsp?id=1767

G80- https://www.thrustcurve.org/simfilesearch.jsp?id=716

The G54 spikes as hard but drops off faster and burns longer. About as soft as you can get L1 will be the H133BS. Nice motor.

semi related note, I fired my Optima off on a G54 red, then turned it aroubd and did my L1 on an H133BS

8687929226_41abdab509.jpg
8687934118_8879ae993b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Diz- any suggestions on the Mozzie 2.6 ? I found a great deal on the Hawk- but not the Mozzie with a 29mm 3g .

Andy

Thanks Diz- any suggestions on the Mozzie 2.6 ? I found a great deal on the Hawk- but not the Mozzie with a 29mm 3g .

Andy

I'd suggest downloading OpenRocket then heading over to RocketReviews.com and getting the Mozzie sim file.

Open OpenRocket, then open the Mozzie.rkt file. On the Motors & Configuration tab, add a bunch of motors that you are interested in, then go to the flight simulations tab and run the simulations. It will tell you all kinds of info about how each motor will perform in that rocket. Altitude, max speed, even optimal motor delay.

Of course OpenRocket will do a lot more, but that's how I use it the most.

Latest posts

Back