Cricut Maker question.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzviper1

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone on the forum tried this machine? In addition to cutting all of the other stuff like vinyl and heavy card stock it can cut balsa up to 3/32 inch.

Haven't tried it but I'm thinking about it. Doing accurate cuts of balsa and cardstock would be awesome, and I also want to try out the embossing tool for making corrugated wraps and things.
I'd also like to hear anyone's experiences with it.

Has anyone on the forum tried this machine? In addition to cutting all of the other stuff like vinyl and heavy card stock it can cut balsa up to 3/32 inch.
I have borrowed my brothers on two occasions, not as impressed with it on balsa material, the difgiculty is keeping the stuff stuck to the mat and getting the wheels set to not imprint on the balsa. I was using the stickiest mats CriCut offers (ones for the Maker). It is more versatile than the vinyl cutter version just not sure if its really woth the extra money to cut balsa. It does cut heavy chip board rather well for cardboard centering rings unlike the Cricut Explore series cutters.

Back