CRC Mid Power Builds V2.0

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it built & painted, here she is. Decals went on last night but no pic yet cause I left it at my shop, Maybe I'll get an after clearcoat pic ;)
Picture 5481.jpg

Awesome!
Can't wait to see it after decals!
Nate

Thanks, I think you'll like the finished result, I know I do. Sorry for low quality pics, I didn't do it stock like normal for me. I got the decals on last week but no post time till now so here is a few pics. I think I ended up with a good looking rocket, It's already one of my favorite rockets.
Picture 5483.jpgPicture 5484.jpgPicture 5485.jpgPicture 5486.jpg

Thank you! Next on my build list is a PSII kit I just got(Hint: I have not built one yet)

Not sure if that was a guess or a feeling Nate, but your right!! Gold star awarded! Got the chute protector & a bulkhead for it as well, not sure when I'll start it though, might wait a bit.
Picture 5515.jpg

I got my eridicator done done, I relized it came out lighter then I thought it would.(520g) so I'm thinking I should use a 24" chute I got insted of the 30" it came with. Thoughts? I got several rockets close to same weight(some heavier) with 24" chutes so I don't see why it a bad idea.
I think I'll crack open the Nike smoke soon & start building the MM

That eradicator looks sweet!
I'd go with a 24" chute. 18oz is pretty light for a 30", the only reason I could see for going with the larger is if you happened to be landing on a harder surface, or if ytou really wanted to protect the fins. My original Estes argent was about that weight and I usually dropped it on a 22" chute, and my Shapeshifter Mini (fiberglass) which is a similar weight, usually comes down on an 18" or even 15", so you should be fine with a 24".

As for the Smoke, it was just a lucky guess lol. I just finished mine + NC av-bay and cable cutter (pics here if you're interested), so I guess I had Nike on the mind, lol. Oh, with that make sure you align the fins with the slots in the rings with the slots in the BT. I almost messed that up pretty badly....

Nate

Back