Crazy prices on eBay that make me frustrated.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the seller could do that... not sure how you knew he wasn't... but I guess it's worth having Ebay check to ensure that.
You have to be that guy. I asked if he was sending the motor by HAZMAT. It was a simple question, and the answer was no.

Yup, just reported the one I saw and not 45 mins later it is gone.

You have to be that guy. I asked if he was sending the motor by HAZMAT. It was a simple question, and the answer was no.
Well, if you would be clear... I would have understood that. But instead, you lead folks into asking questions, and then belittle them.

Classy.

Report the sale to eBay or move along. Getting upset and raising heck on the forum only raises your blood pressure. There is nothing you can do to change it unless you act.

I reported a guy on Monday selling an M motor on eBay - it was offline in 2 hours.

Is that a problem? As long as the seller asks if the buyer is "certified", and the seller follows all ATF shipping requirements?

It requires HAZMAT shipping, and he was not doing that. We do not need these violates attached to our hobby. That being said, I report and let it go. eBay thanked me.

And the seller could do that... not sure how you knew he wasn't... but I guess it's worth having Ebay check to ensure that.

Well, if you would be clear... I would have understood that. But instead, you lead folks into asking questions, and then belittle them.

Classy.
Direct questions will give you direct answers.

Maybe if you would not try to play gotcha.

Classy.

For me, what really sucks about Ebay and other auctions, is the 15 minute rule. Good for the seller because it will drive up the final price, but bad for the buyer it will always cost them more! Unless it is a buy it now item, I stay away from it!

i saw where someone sold an early '80s Estes Scud B for $230 and I have one that is already built from the early eighties and was wondering what I could get out of it?

How much would you pay on E-bay for a Estes PSII 3" Nike Smoke with all the magic smoke still in the bag?

Asking for a friend...

Edit: I know what I sold a few for in 2021

I bid very early. I have gotten this same kit for as low as $10 this year.

Last edited:
How much would you pay on E-bay for a Estes PSII 3" Nike Smoke with all the magic smoke still in the bag?

Asking for a friend...

It has gone as high as $300

Asking for a friend...

In a nutshell. What ever your willing to pay.

Asking for a friend...

$68 two years ago. eBay packing list is still taped to the outside of the bag.

If you’re patient, these things are still out there at reasonable costs.

Maybe I just don't understand "collectors", but why the heck would anyone pay 30x the retail for a rocket that will wind up in a tree after flying it once or twice? I could fabricate a replica rocket for less money. I have bought "vintage/OOP" kits from people leaving the hobby for under retail, and then built and flown them, because that is what rocket kits *are for* -- not to keep in bags for some future time when you might make money on them.

It doesn't matter who's selling it. I'm just saying I don't know why people are bidding over MSRP. I don't really care if they are getting less money out of it because if it costs me less to buy from the manufacturer, I am going to.
I do a fair bit of careful shopping on eBay; try to avoid Amazon for ethical reasons. I also look at the seller's location. Living in a small town, an hour from the nearest larger town, local options for purchasing some items are pretty limited. I've even paid slightly more than MSRP because the alternative was an hour drive, possibly finding the item at an even higher price.

Back