Couldn't resist...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
What can I say?

After reading the thread Mane that Movie I just had too...

It's mmx size and is terribly unstable at this time... Looking to see if adding enough nose weight to make it stable still results in a reasonable design (don't want to add so much that it barely clears the 14" launch rod... LOL)

Reference This Image from the referenced thread :D

(*this* is what I do with my "spare" time... LOL)
jim

View attachment P1010038.JPG

View attachment P1010041.JPG

Dang Jim. You never cease to amaze me! I'll bet you just whipped that up.
Got a name yet?

That's fun looking and ingenious!

But, if it's anything like a Mosquito, Quark, or Swift . . . someone's going to get their eye poked out and never know it until it's too late. LOL!

Yep, that's a ping pong ball :) billion uses for those little guys

I saw that rocket from "Men from Planet X" and couldn't pass it up. The most readily available ball I had was a PPB so, that determined the scale... The motor takes up so much of the base with its mass that it is seriously unstable so I would have to see if I can get some nose forward weight, either in the tip of the cone or on the inside top of the ball.

Both my sister and wife have suggested that I make the fins bigger or the body longer, but then it wouldn't be the same rocket, so no... (purest here... LOL)

We'll see. I'll try to have something figured out by the launch this weekend

jim

Dang Jim. You never cease to amaze me! I'll bet you just whipped that up.
Got a name yet?

Literally did... Saw that other thread and had a drawing done in about 20 minutes.. started feeling a bit better the other day so I started to cut parts and had it built and test flown that afternoon. Now to make her fly *right* :)

Literally did... Saw that other thread and had a drawing done in about 20 minutes.. started feeling a bit better the other day so I started to cut parts and had it built and test flown that afternoon. Now to make her fly *right* :)

Bringing it Saturday?

Jim's been hitting the cough syrup a little too hard, or maybe he's adding it to his coffee now...

Has sort of deadly look about it.
That's because the front end is really (secretly) a four-blade broadhead, and this is actually an anti-venison weapon.

However, it doesn't look like this would even reach from the string to the shelf, even BEFORE I draw back my 30 & 1/2 inches, so I am puzzled over exactly how to shoot this thing.

Back