Controller questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazloZ28

BAR 20+ Years
Reaction score
So i have the standard controller from estes starter kit, which is honestly cheap junk(keep costs down, that's great). I'm looking at something better, I've read alot of posts and here, and I'm not trying to get too elaborate. We launch as a family and might spend all or atleast most of the day launching, with more/bigger rockets being built all the time. I want 30' leads, and I don't want to have to change the batteries all the time, small clusters would be nice, but no immediate need, and single pad only. Obviously, the pro series 2 controller fits the bill, I'm just wondering how long the batteries last. I already have a few SLA 12v batteries(for the kids power wheels), and probably enough leftover switches and lights to build one, just not sure its worth it if the ps2 will last all day.

I use the E controller with 4x 14500 3.7V LiPos. Seems to work fine for everything I've needed up to E composite clusters & single G's

If you wish to keep the same Estes launcher why not just replace the supplied batteries with the 12V SLA by installing an external battery cable to the controller. The 12V 6Ah battery will last all weekend, particularly for low power launches.

The Aerotech Interlock seems to fit the bill. 40’ leads and made for any 12V batterie. And it’s a small building project by itself so your family gets to learn about electronics.

Last edited:
Back