Components that can be used to power the circuit from with an external battery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mertico

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

We're building an avionic system which will fly onboard on our rocket and all avionic system is embedded. I want to power this circuit with an external battery. I'm thinking of using a terminal or socket. I think that the screw of the terminals can loosen at high vibrations and the sockets come off easily in impacts. Do you have any other ideas you can suggest to me?

Thank you for reading...

Hi Everyone!

We're building an avionic system which will fly onboard on our rocket and all avionic system is embedded. I want to power this circuit with an external battery. I'm thinking of using a terminal or socket. I think that the screw of the terminals can loosen at high vibrations and the sockets come off easily in impacts. Do you have any other ideas you can suggest to me?

Thank you for reading...
Solder the battery connector and switch wires... solder doesn't vibrate loose. Zip-tie all wires to the sled. Tape the battery connector shut, along with some of the lead wires, and secure the connector to the sled too. Use an electronic switch, they aren't affected by G's or vibrations.

Adding to the above comments:
Screws should not vibrate loose as long as you do not "tin" the stranded wire before screwing them into the terminal. Stay with bare copper or for bonus points properly crimp a ferrule on the strands before they go into the terminal block.
Tie the wires down after they exit the terminal. A dob of CA glue or hotmelt to the sled works wonders.
A dob of hotmelt works well to keep connectors from falling out if strategically placed.

Back