Competitions at LDRS41

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stable1

Reaction score
LOC Precision and WIldman Rocketry are teaming up to sponsor four fun competitions at LDRS41.

Altitude Competition #1 -- Objective: To reach the highest altitude using one (1) 29mm single use AeroTech G80-4T, G80-7T, G80-10T, or G80-13T motor.
Altitude Competition #2 -- Objective: To get the closest to, but not exceed, one mile (5,280 feet AGL) in altitude.
Altitude Competition #3 -- Objective: To get the closest to but not exceed 9,000 feet in altitude.
Show & Shine Competition -- Objective: To build and present the best overall rocket using an existing production LOC/Precision, Public Missiles or WildMan rocket kit.

See https://ldrs41.com/contests for contest rules.

Is the goblin competition still happening that was mentioned on the Loc Precision happy hour?

Unofficial update. Spent some time with the Wildman over the weekend...my understanding is the contest is LOWEST altitude with a 4" Goblin wins. It must be a nominal flight (IE: leave the pad, deploy chute, recover without damage). H motor for motive power; obviously must have an altimeter onboard. More to come!

Unofficial update. Spent some time with the Wildman over the weekend...my understanding is the contest is LOWEST altitude with a 4" Goblin wins. It must be a nominal flight (IE: leave the pad, deploy chute, recover without damage). H motor for motive power; obviously must have an altimeter onboard. More to come!
Looking forward to seeing the official rules on this one. I would play, but would have to glass and carbon that crap out of it, you know how I roll. :headspinning: :dancingelephant:

Looking forward to seeing the official rules on this one. I would play, but would have to glass and carbon that crap out of it, you know how I roll. :headspinning: :dancingelephant:
Let's just say my plans for this involve some creative liberty with one of the Loc kits, so I hope they will accept a wide variety of glassed Goblin's in the official rules!

LOC Precision and WIldman Rocketry are teaming up to sponsor four fun competitions at LDRS41.

Altitude Competition #1 -- Objective: To reach the highest altitude using one (1) 29mm single use AeroTech G80-4T, G80-7T, G80-10T, or G80-13T motor.

I'd love to see some coverage (photos and writeups) focused specifically on this contest. Can't wait to see what people show up with.

I'd love to see some coverage (photos and writeups) focused specifically on this contest. Can't wait to see what people show up with.

Mine is in paint and almost ready. First two tests taught me some things, so iteration three will be my attempt. Just a BT60 Goblin 🤪 I'm not going to win, but I might break mile and that would be cool.

I'll try to get pics of stuff too, will be shooting a lot while I'm there.

Back