Community "UP CHUCK" Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
You all have heard of the "UP CUP" by Odd'l Rockets of course. I'm proposing a community build thread where anyone with a pile of broken rocket parts from crashes and what not, (you know that pile in a remote corner or box you thought you might be able to scavenge parts from,) to use said parts to build the "UP CHUCK." Everyone's rocket would carry the same title but could never look the same as there is no set design. Build it to fly. It'll be more "out to lunch", (so to speak) than Flis' A.C.M.E. Spitfire. It's something I have thought about doing and am looking to see if anyone else would want to post a build thread HERE for their UP CHUCK rocket.

The term Up Chuck refers to rocket room regurgitation. Blown chunks of rocket parts and pieces. Put those wasted parts to work again and let's all build some rocket vomit that flies!

You all have heard of the "UP CUP" by Odd'l Rockets of course. I'm proposing a community build thread where anyone with a pile of broken rocket parts from crashes and what not, (you know that pile in a remote corner or box you thought you might be able to scavenge parts from,) to use said parts to build the "UP CHUCK." Everyone's rocket would carry the same title but could never look the same as there is no set design. Build it to fly. It'll be more "out to lunch", (so to speak) than Flis' A.C.M.E. Spitfire. It's something I have thought about doing and am looking to see if anyone else would want to post a build thread HERE for their UP CHUCK rocket.

The term Up Chuck refers to rocket room regurgitation. Blown chunks of rocket parts and pieces. Put those wasted parts to work again and let's all build some rocket vomit that flies!
Sounds like a cool idea.
Me-self,I dont have lot of broken/used rocket parts.
I do have a few used parts left that I got in a box from another rocketeer.
I shipped abunch of stuff like that out to help others.Chutes,pigmented NCs,built MMTs,ect

Sounds like a cool idea.
Me-self,I dont have lot of broken/used rocket parts.
I do have a few used parts left that I got in a box from another rocketeer.
I shipped abunch of stuff like that out to help others.Chutes,pigmented NCs,built MMTs,ect

My pile consist of a couple of crashes the wind took advantage of and some scraps I held on to from the mid 80"s. Can't seem to part with it having intentions of using them some day, but I realize now that it's a moot point. So I'm gonna slap a scratch build together with pieces and parts I'll prolly never use again. Kinda like building a car out of junkyard parts. It's gonna look like a pile of junk going up too!

Blown up rockets - have two sets of parts to offer up.

Cool beans Chuck. When you guys get done in O'burg, let's give this a shot. BTW, I hate I couldn't be there this weekend. I'm sitting here agonizing over it. Hope today's events went well. I do expect to see some vids & pics from Freedom Launch.

Well today, there was quite a few folks that had to recover their rockets with a bucket. I litter two rockets all over the field.

My pile consist of a couple of crashes the wind took advantage of and some scraps I held on to from the mid 80"s. Can't seem to part with it having intentions of using them some day, but I realize now that it's a moot point. So I'm gonna slap a scratch build together with pieces and parts I'll prolly never use again.
OK,floor sweepings...like um, American Cheese.
I have company spending nights so I had to do a drive by cleaning of the rocket room. I see now that I have more junk yard parts than first thought.
I figure to get them all in one pile and take a picture.
How much space and time you figuring on taken up on this project?

Last edited:
I figure to get them all in one pile and take a picture.
How much space and time you figuring on taken up on this project?

Doesn't matter how long it takes really. Realistically, it shouldn't take any of us very long since we don't have to be meticulous with our builds. Just slap enough junk fins on a cluster of pieces and parts, tubes and what not, to make it stable enough to fly. They'll prolly look like something the cat drug in or the wife threw away. I'm sure mine's gonna look like poo poo.

Its the meticulous introspection of the thought process that takes up the space and time, not the actually physical work.
Or would that be the process of meticulous introspection of thought?

Look at it this way Scotty, That pile can actually have a use now. You've been looking at it for some time now and you know some of it won't measure up to hosting one of your nicer builds. So use it anyway. Make them thar parts have a place in your fleet. Build a fugly rocket out of them. It would always be good for a laugh. I have one more design in the works and a few to finish up on before I get to the junk pile. But I AM gonna build one.

OK, so I didn't get mine started yet because the bench ain't clear. But I did have an idea to add to the build concept. What if we steampunk it? I've never done one of those and seems to be an ideal way to incorporate the parts. Might look like something Dr. Seuss drew up but it does give light to dressing up the junk. Providing the month goes as planned and when the Commerce GA launch is behind me, I can get started. I just hope there is still some interest with this whacked idea.

Latest posts

Back