CMASS August 28th, Acton

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Who's going? Weather is going to be perfect! I have a few more proto's to test but won't be flying as much as I did the last launch.

See you there!
jim

Who's going? Weather is going to be perfect! I have a few more proto's to test but won't be flying as much as I did the last launch.

See you there!
jim

I'd like to do a massive drag race with a few video rockets and maybe some Frik and Fraks so we can get some video of them from above. I've you got either bring it.

I'll have my key chain cam and my Frick-N-Frack.
And I'll also have my new scratch build Trifid.
Weather looks as good if not better than the last launch.

Great launch day! Low 80's, sunny and light winds.
Here's my video of the mass video, Frick-N-Frack launch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32urVoRlK9c

And some screen caps.
The first three you can see one of the F-N-Fs going over the blue canopy.
The last two is one of the other video rockets at ejection.

SUNP0001 001_0003.jpg

SUNP0001 001_0004.jpg

SUNP0001 001_0006.jpg

SUNP0001 001_0009.jpg

SUNP0001 001_00010.jpg

A few more.
One more of the other video rocket.
The launch field.
I like this one of the boy watching it come down.
BTW it was a LOC Aura on a D12.

SUNP0001 001_00012.jpg

SUNP0001 001_00017.jpg

Attachments

• SUNP0001 001_00010.jpg
    SUNP0001 001_00010.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 0
Here's mine. I slowed down the good part. I caught it before it hit the ground!

[YOUTUBE]uLy_rlmRmZ0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Very cool video's. That was a neat idea. I got my photo album of the day up. You can get to it by clicking this link.

It was an incredible day. Low wind, sunny, warm without being hot.

We did about 275 launches for the day and we had a lot of new faces out too. If you've never been to a CMASS launch, you're missing out. You saw the number of cars there and how many launches and this was a smaller launch on one of our smaller fields. Come out to Amesbury on a bright sunny afternoon launch and you will be blown away! :)

Next month is our (FlisKits) eighth anniversary launch! Stay tuned for an announcement shortly!

jim

I wasn't able to make the launch on Saturday. I will, however, be at Amesbury in September.

I am looking to launch the following:

LOC Viper IV on 4 E9-6s
Aerotech Cheetah on a F20-7
Gila Monster on a Pro-X G83 Blue Streak
Black Brant II on a H123-10W

Will there be cake?

hhmmm... I *guess* I could bring a cake... Is there an *interest* in having cake??
:D

That would depend on whether you're planning on having a ninth anniversary.

Jim, Bill's not making a threat; it's a statement of fact. You've gotten us used to certain rituals and any reduction may meet with unpleasant consequences.

But remember, don't fill up on cake (is that possible?); we've got a new BBQ joint to check out after the launch. :clap: Oh, yeah, they serve brewed beverages by the pint and pitcher, too. :cheers: Yes, Bill, iced tea is among the brewed items. ;)

Looks like hurricane Earl is going to come pretty close to us this weekend. Do we have a two day launch this weekend?

Just trying to figure out what attracted Earl. :rolleyes:

Looks like hurricane Earl is going to come pretty close to us this weekend. Do we have a two day launch this weekend?

Just trying to figure out what attracted Earl. :rolleyes:

Mike, CMASS doesn't have a launch this weekend. We had one on 28 Aug in Acton and our next is 18 Sep in Amesbury (cake and BBQ). :cheers:

This weekend there is a Tripoli launch in Cherryfield, ME. There's some activity on the TRF and CMASS sites about this.

Hope this helps.
Kenn

Mike, CMASS doesn't have a launch this weekend. We had one on 28 Aug in Acton and our next is 18 Sep in Amesbury (cake and BBQ). :cheers:

This weekend there is a Tripoli launch in Cherryfield, ME. There's some activity on the TRF and CMASS sites about this.

Hope this helps.
Kenn

Maybe I should have added some extra smileys. :eek:

CMASS kinda has the reputation for attracting hurricanes during two day launches.

Maybe I should have added some extra smileys. :eek:

CMASS kinda has the reputation for attracting hurricanes during two day launches.

Now I get it, Mike. :blush:

That mostly only happens when we host a convention; NEMROC a few years ago, NARCON this year. :bang:

Sometimes Mother Nature will send a storm in even when we're doin' nothin'. :confused: I guess she has to stay in practice.

I hope Earl stays out at sea :boat: so the Cherryfield folks have a good launch this weekend.

Now I get it, Mike. :blush:

That mostly only happens when we host a convention; NEMROC a few years ago, NARCON this year. :bang:

Sometimes Mother Nature will send a storm in even when we're doin' nothin'. :confused: I guess she has to stay in practice.

I hope Earl stays out at sea :boat: so the Cherryfield folks have a good launch this weekend.

I propose a two smiley per post limit.

Back