Clustered F's

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skaffgeorge2

Reaction score
How many BP F motors can be clustered and still stay in the mid power range?If I move up to mid power I'm gonna wanna do this at some point.And does Estes sell individual 29mm tubes for motor mounts?

2 to stay in mid power. Otherwise you go into high power due to over 125g propellant weight. I have an Ultimate that I regularly fly on 7 F15s from the high power pads.

And a 4 stage rack rocket.

@Rocketjunkie answered the number question. As to motor tubes, Estes aren't selling the tubes separately right now. BMS and other vendors carry it in various lengths. I buy it from BMS 34" at a time. Look for heavy-wall 29mm tube, usually about 1.21" OD. If you want to go lighter, you can buy thin wall tubing from Apogee and perhaps others, or use 30mm tube from BMS.

Been trying to contact BMS through their website but it doesn't seem to be working for for me for some reason.Want to ask about some other things as well.

Maintain a mid-power level by adding 2. If you exceed 125g of propellant weight, high power is engaged automatically. It's available geometry dash lite in a range of sizes from BMS and other retailers. I order it from BMS in 34-inch increments.

Back