Cherokee M scratch Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you did select an M engine, which one? And what type of altitude, speed, and flight time is expected.

It seems like you are building it pretty bomb-proof. Looks nice.

I live on the East Coast, near Philly. It seems to me that in the spirit of "horses for courses". I would have to choose a 9 inch fiberglass body tube, 10 foot long, and other heavy and bulky stuff to do a Level 3 around here. Could be wrong, but there seems to be a different philosophy amongst those that can zip out to the Friends of Amateur Rocketry site and hit five miles up and then track the thing and recovery it 4 miles away, as opposed to those of us who have a nominal 1500 ft limit. Or are there sites on the E. Coast that have super-high limits and for which waivers are routine and easily obtained?

But I like your rocket - I guess the design is classic for a reason. Good luck!

I live on the East Coast, near Philly. It seems to me that in the spirit of "horses for courses". I would have to choose a 9 inch fiberglass body tube, 10 foot long, and other heavy and bulky stuff to do a Level 3 around here. Could be wrong, but there seems to be a different philosophy amongst those that can zip out to the Friends of Amateur Rocketry site and hit five miles up and then track the thing and recovery it 4 miles away, as opposed to those of us who have a nominal 1500 ft limit. Or are there sites on the E. Coast that have super-high limits and for which waivers are routine and easily obtained?

But I like your rocket - I guess the design is classic for a reason. Good luck!
Not to hijack the Cherokee build thread but to answer your question, you have URRG up in Potter NY (host of this year's LDRS event) that has a 18k waiver, and there is also NC Rocketry that launches out of Bayboro, NC (http://ncrockets.org/2012/01/bayboro-field-directions/) 17.5k waiver...

Back