Centering Ring types S vs T vs P

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone tell me what a CR with an S, T or P means?

Thanks.
Looks like it relates to the wall thickness of the motor mount tube. Motor mount tubes are specified by the BORE. You would also need the wall thickness to buy the correct centering ring to fit that tube. P looks like it's for PHENOLIC and I'd guess the others are Standard and Thickwall???? but as it's not specified anywhere, it's a guess........

Never heard of it before, but found this: https://www.rocketarium.com/Build/Rings
Looks like letters to designate whose/what type MMT fits best into the centering ring. Don't know if it is just a Rocketarium thing or standard for CR's.
Thanks. I found out.

S for standard tubing.
P for phenolic tubing.
T for Thick tubing.

Thanks. I found out.

S for standard tubing.
P for phenolic tubing.
T for Thick tubing.
Thank you for reporting back with the results. When searching the forums it is sometimes frustrating that the ultimate answer to a question is never reported back. It's like, "Well, the question was asked in 2015, so I'm pretty sure his finger is not still CAed to his forehead, but how did he get it off? My finger is glued to my forehead, and this is where Google brought me."

Back