Casing list

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Bowhunter
Cool deal Forecheck. Now when are ya gonna come down a fly some :D

Soon.... :D

Remind me, Warren... Who's the on-site vendor at Elseberrey (or whatever it's called now?)

Well, I thought I'd throw out an update pic of my family of casings.

Growing like rabbits! Now it's up to a party of 26!

NewFamilyPhoto003-2.jpg

Originally posted by Fore Check
Well, I thought I'd throw out an update pic of my family of casings.

Growing like rabbits! Now it's up to a party of 26!

That's not bad for someone who had NONE just 8 months ago. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by BobH48
That's not bad for someone who had NONE just 8 months ago. :rolleyes:

Wow....

It's almost embarrassing to realize what you say is true..... :eek:

I'm where Fore Check was about 8 months ago...no casings yet. However, I just finished building my entry back into rocketry - a 38mm PML Explorer I got from my wife and kids for my 40th birthday last month. I still have to paint it, but I'm hoping Santa will bring me an RMS case with closures for Christmas.

I don't expect to have nearly the inventory Fore Check has in 8 months, but I'm hopeful I'll have at least a few, especially since I'm buying an Initiator and a Big Daddy from a fellow Quarker who's cleaning out some of his MPR stash.

Chris

Originally posted by CJAnderson
I.....my entry back into rocketry - a 38mm PML Explorer
Chris

Great rocket. I did my L1 on that...flies great on small H motors. Never tried a G in it.

Here's a picture of all my casings.
P1010031.jpg

From left to right.

AT 29/40-120, RT 29/120, RT 29/180, Dr. R 29/240, RT 38/240, RT 38/360, RT 38/600, and Loki 38/480.
Please note that with the AT 29/40-120 the plastic cap is on to protect the delay grain from there is no ejection charge in it.

Wow, I need to get some. I only have an 18/20 from AT. Oh, and it was NEVER used before because of the retarded weather. It's just too windy.:( :mad:

The 18/20 is a fun case. I have 3 of them - they work great in Deuces :D

Originally posted by cjl
The 18/20 is a fun case. I have 3 of them - they work great in Deuces :D

wanna send me one? ;) I need a 2nd one for my Deuce :)

thanx, Ben

Hopefully, SWMBO doesn't see this list. :rolleyes:
Aerotech
18/20 3x
24/40 3x
29 40-120 2x
29/120
54/852

Dr. Rocket
29/60
29/100
29/180
29mm - 1 set of closures
38/240
28/360 2x
38/480
38/600
38mm - 1 set of closures including 1 plugged fwd.

Monster
29/40-120
29/120
29/240
29/360
29mm - several closures incl. 3 plugged fwd.
38/120
38/720
38/1080
38mm - 1 set of closures + plugged fwd.
54/852
54/1280 2x (cause I'm an idiot and forgot I had one)
54 - All closures (ie. extended fwd., plugged and tapped etc.)

CTI
38 1G 2x
38 2G 2x
38 3G
38 4G 4x
38 5G 2x
38 6G
54 2G
54 3G
54 4G
54 6G
54 6GXL
54mm Rear closure ring 2x
75 2G (complete motor)
98 2G (complete motor)
98 4G casing

Rattworks
H70 + closures
I90LH + closures

SkyRipper Systems
29/75
29/125

Too much work, not enough launches!

Len

1 Aerotech AFT Closure
All I have!

Was an extra until my complete 38/600 motor and 1/4 scale PML Patriot got jacked by a local before i got to it on recovery at NSL last spring.

Originally posted by sharks63128
1 Aerotech AFT Closure
All I have! Was an extra until my complete 38/600 motor and 1/4 scale PML Patriot got jacked by a local before i got to it on recovery at NSL last spring.

Is this story for real? How far away did it land? I had a J350W take my 1/4 scale PML Patriot a good ways but it was in sight the entire time.

Did he just grabe it when it hit the ground and run? Did he take off in a car? Did you see the theft happen or is it that since you couldn't find it you assume it got stolen?

What a drag....sorry to hear that some low-life made off with your rocket. Thieves are the lowest of the low in my opinion.

Westy

Originally posted by Westy
Is this story for real? How far away did it land? I had a J350W take my 1/4 scale PML Patriot a good ways but it was in sight the entire time.

Did he just grabe it when it hit the ground and run? Did he take off in a car? Did you see the theft happen or is it that since you couldn't find it you assume it got stolen?

What a drag....sorry to hear that some low-life made off with your rocket. Thieves are the lowest of the low in my opinion.

Westy

Ya it landed far away getting stuck in a fence out of sight on a road. Once i got to were it landed it was not there any more, there was a guy gardening at the building that it landed next to so we asked him whether or not he had seen a rocket. He described the paint scheme perfectly and said the some guys drove by and then backed up grabbed the rocket and left.

Wow...

That really sucks :(

I've never heard of that happening before - usually rocketeers are pretty honest and helpful people...

Originally posted by Chrisn
No way whould a rocketeer of done that! :mad:

The guy said he thought it was some delinquent kids from town.
Your right rocket people are too nice .:)

Originally posted by Westy

Westy

You guys gotta read this story from this past May. It happened to one of the Tripoli Quad Cities guys. Here's a post to the story and related banter on the TQC message board:

https://p209.ezboard.com/ftqcfrm2.showMessage?topicID=612.topic

I was talking to the owner of the rocket regarding this story at Midwest Power IV in late October. He was still incredulous at the whole episode. He told the story like this (and I'm paraphrasing from memory:)

"So after the fact I went to the CB store to talk to the guy.

He said, "I used to be into rockets as a kid and I was thinking about getting back into it."

I said, "What... with *my* rocket?!?!"

Wow.

(Just for some background information, the launch site - referred to by the TQC folks as the "Crown Jewel," is located in Walcott, IA., about 4 miles north of Interstate 80. There are a couple of truck stops, one being billed as "Iowa's Largest Truck Stop", at the interstate exit nearest the launch site. the CB shop in this story is located in that truck stop. Further, I remember that launch. I was there, and was helping the guy visually track the rocket on descent, and it just kept going and going and going before he hopped in the car and left with his rocket hunter. He came back some time later upset and empty handed. He said he had a bead on it, but as he seemed to approach the signal, the target kept "moving." This was before they eventually found and returned the rocket.)

L-R:
CTI Pro38's 1-4 grains.
Dr Rocket 38/720-480-360-240
Pro38 Delay Adjustment Tool in Front

sorry the pic is so bad; may have to take a community college photog class and learn how to take pics.

Check the pic and drool guys!!
These are the first run of AMW casings fresh from the anodizers several years ago... 275 casings if memory serves... a few 38's and a whole lot of 54's and 75's.
I WISH they were mine...I was just the transportation man!!

Not to much, loki EX 38/480 and 54/2000 and a pair of CTI 6 grain casings... oh and my aerotech 54/1760 complete system, a very verstitile case to have!

Ahh the rocket thieves!

I have had some locals walk up to one of mine as I approached it... I wonder what they are thinking! Even with an expensive component, if you don't know what it is, how much could you really get for it? I guess if there was a reward they could say they "found" it.. Recently at ROC two dirt bikes were stolen from Eric Gates, after making a reward he got a call that some guys "found" one of the bikes and would meet him to make the trade for the reward. He was smart enough to have a plain clothed detective come along just in case but my senses tell me those guys didnt just find it ;)

Latest posts

Back