Can you believe I'm building another one???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to paint the fin tips red, without masking, kind of a poor man's fade effect. I like it! I like it a lot!

I wish the stuff I just decided to try came out looking half as good as your's does. In my case it just leads to sanding and muttered curses.

Very nice job again, sir. I really like the stained woodgrain nose, that is really quite unique.

Wood grain showed up real nice!

So what is the next home-milled nose cone rocket gonna be? The TIMBER!?

Wow.

Ari.

Thanks Ari!

I wish the "specks" in the Metalspecks paint were a bit bigger too, it needs lots of light to really show it. Still nice paint though. I've never used the blue, going to have to find a project for it - that looks great!

I guess to get a good metal flake with big flakes, you have to mix your own automotive paint.

I wish the stuff I just decided to try came out looking half as good as your's does. In my case it just leads to sanding and muttered curses.

Very nice job again, sir. I really like the stained woodgrain nose, that is really quite unique.

Don't worry, for every success I have, especially with paint, I've had several failures. The only difference is, I don't mutter my curses... :tongue:

Wood grain showed up real nice!

So what is the next home-milled nose cone rocket gonna be? The TIMBER!?

I might have something a little bigger in the works, you never know.

Don't worry, for every success I have, especially with paint, I've had several failures. The only difference is, I don't mutter my curses... :tongue:

I have small children, who have repeated colorful things I've let slip before. Of course they did it in church! :shock: :surprised: :facepalm:

Last edited:
I have small children, who have repeated colorful things I've let slip before. Of course they did it in church! :shock: :surprised: :facepalm:

My small child is 27 now, and speaks more colorfully than you and I put together!

Got the decals. If I had known then, what I know now, I would have ordered four of the larger one. But it doesn't look bad.

88_decals.jpg

89_decals.jpg

90_decals.jpg

91_decals.jpg

92_decals.jpg

I like it! I like it a lot! Looks fast just sitting there, doesn't it?

103_decals.jpg

104_decals.jpg

I like it! I like it a lot! Looks fast just sitting there, doesn't it?

WOW!That looks great Jim,really nice touch with the flames.I think your son made the right call with choice of stain.Hope to see more nose cones in the future.

Looking good Jim !!

I like that particular blue you chose ,looks great in the sun ,works very well with the nosecone color as well as the fin tips and flames.

My goodness ,you are a prolific bugger aren`t you LOL

How is your Patriot comming along Jim ,hope you didn`t give up on it ,although it is a good idea to walk away sometimes and change gears and come back with a clear mind.

Take care

Paul T

Great looking rocket I especially love the nose cone the red real brings out the grain.

Paul is right, take a deep breath and go get that Patriot finished.

TA

Looks really good!

Thanks!

WOW!That looks great Jim,really nice touch with the flames.I think your son made the right call with choice of stain.Hope to see more nose cones in the future.

Yeah, Joe had a good idea about staining the nose cone. And I just might have another nose cone in my future, you never know.

Vroom vroom!

Ari.

I just hope it looks as good in flight!

Looking good Jim !!

I like that particular blue you chose ,looks great in the sun ,works very well with the nosecone color as well as the fin tips and flames.

My goodness ,you are a prolific bugger aren`t you LOL

How is your Patriot comming along Jim ,hope you didn`t give up on it ,although it is a good idea to walk away sometimes and change gears and come back with a clear mind.

Take care

Paul T

Great looking rocket I especially love the nose cone the red real brings out the grain.

Paul is right, take a deep breath and go get that Patriot finished.

TA

No, I haven't given up on the Patriot goony. I sanded and repainted the spot, and I've been waiting for the paint to get good and dry.

Back