Bullpup and Black Brant

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjphoenix

Reaction score
I'm finishing up 2 small builds. Both of these were old kits that were in somebody's garage or basement and had water damage as well as missing parts. As usual for me the main fins are all papered.

The BB I built with 18mm mount, and I lengthened the main body tube rather than build the nose cone/coupler assembly. I'm not going to put the antenna on the front end, those probably aren't practical for a flying model. The decals are a bit hard to figure out based on the Estes instructions, maybe Peter Alway has a better diagram. I don't think I've seen any written information from someone who built the BB. I used my experimental technique of plastic glue plus epoxy on the fins. I put Titebond on part of the fin root and epoxy on the back part then stuck them in my fin jig. Similarly I did most of the fillet with Titebond and the lower part of the fillet with 30min. epoxy thickened with wood flour. That part came out better than I expected.

IMG_5545b.jpg
IMG_5546r.jpg

Back