• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Built 6" Ultimate Wildman

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PokerJones

Reaction score
I have an Ultimate Wildman 6" fiberglass rocket that I built for my L3 flight, aka "The Grand Optimist" I really don't think I will fly this rocket again and it takes up a lot of space so I think it's time for a new home. Being an L3 project it is seriously overbuilt. This has flown twice on AT M1315W motors with no issues, weighs 30 pounds dry.

Build thread
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/level-3-build-the-grand-optimist-ultimate-wildman.134193/

This will come with the everything in the build thread less parachutes, shock cords and electronics.

OBH harness, Aeropack 98mm flanged retainer, SC Precision thrust plate, APE nosecone sled, keyed switches and wiring included.

I will bring this to LDRS next week, I will not ship. $600 cash. Feel free to message me with any questions.

DSC_0758.JPG

20170627_132848.jpg

DSC_0773.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not one for buying pre built kits mostly because I'm so anal and not knowing how the internal construction was done would just drive me nuts!! But if anyone is contemplating on buying this kit? Three words GO FOR IT! Jeff you did an absolutely spectacular job on this bird, I've built many a rocket in my day and after seeing this build I wouldn't hesitate in the least to put any motor that'll fit in this bird. Not because of over building but because of all the prep work that went into its construction before hand.

Awesome job Jeff. Whoever buys it is getting a seriously quality rocket.

Last edited:
I'm not one for buying pre built kits mostly because I'm so anal and not knowing how the internal construction was done would just drive me nuts!! But if anyone is contemplating on buying this kit? Three words GO FOR IT! Jeff you did an absolutely spectacular job on this bird, I've built many a rocket in my day and after seeing this build I wouldn't hesitate in the least to put any motor that'll fit in this bird. Not because of over building but because of all the prep work that went into its construction before hand.

Awesome job Jeff. Whoever buys it is getting a seriously quality rocket.

Thanks Gary, much appreciated

Back