BT-60 Wizard

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBob

Reaction score
With credit to K'Tesh I used his wizard ork file and scaled it .739 : 1.637 to get the fin dimensions for a BT-60 sized wizard and used the png file also.
This started as a E-SAM 58 Estes kit. I installed a 24mm mount and a baffle. I was going to move the fin sets back to get the stability it needed. Lost interest because I did not really like the look of the e-sam. So know it is going Wizard

Attachments

• BT-60 Wizard.ork
    170 KB · Views: 1
Seen it done, by all accounts it works great. Upgrade to a 29mm mount and load up a G80 to see the Wizard’s signature vanishing act!

If you have a set of Star Orbiter decals, the body tube wrap looks nice applied to a BT-60 Wizard.

Seen it done, by all accounts it works great. Upgrade to a 29mm mount and load up a G80 to see the Wizard’s signature vanishing act!

If you have a set of Star Orbiter decals, the body tube wrap looks nice applied to a BT-60 Wizard.
I got a set of decals coming from sticker shock23.
I could kit bash my star orbiter and use the G76 reloads I got..

With credit to K'Tesh I used his wizard ork file and scaled it .739 : 1.637 to get the fin dimensions for a BT-60 sized wizard and used the png file also.
This started as a E-SAM 58 Estes kit. I installed a 24mm mount and a baffle. I was going to move the fin sets back to get the stability it needed. Lost interest because I did not really like the look of the e-sam. So know it is going Wizard

[If you've never watched or hated the movie 'The Big Lebowski', stop reading this post now.]

You know, man, the Wizard is is is its like a an anathema to an uh uh uh like E-SAM, maaaaaan. So, like if you're making an uh like upscale Wizard from an E-SAM kit then I feel like it'll completely tie the room together, you know, man. Tie the room together.

Sandy.

PS: I just got some work from Mark at Stickershock23 for a non-rocket project and it was great quality. Good work, good quality and good dude. Thanks Mark!

Last edited:
I built one a few years back using the scrap balsa after skinning my MDRM fins. Had plenty of wood so it has 5 fins.
Never finished paint and it has not flown yet.

Looking forward to a build thread. Upscaling the Wizard is classic. They always turn out awesome. I don't know why Estes never released a larger version of the Wizard or Yankee.

Both are such iconic rockets for the brand.

Back