Blue truck..

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
...blues.
My 2002 Dakato is ka-put.over,done,sh!t the bed.
Been down a little over 2 weeks.it gave me 200,139 miles. Cant complain a bit. Only basic staple repairs over the last 11 years. One water pump.
Looking for a new/used vehicle is aboat as fun as looking for a job,or a place to live.
I have my motorcycle and I do have the opption to catch the van pool.Its 8 miles from me house to the van stop/pickup.
But,its still been a PAIN being a 1 car family.
Sandy works every other weekend and shes up for this weekend.
I can get up at 4am and drive her,but then I need to be back to pick her up at 130pm.
Messes up the day.
The dealer where I buy is looking for a small used PU for me.In the intrem he said he would hook me up with a loaner and treat me rite.
So, I guess Ill have to take him up on it and get a loaner later today.
Its just starting to be a real drag having only one rig.
I wonder if my dog would like to ride around in a nice new "Charger" for a week or so. :lol:

I do know those blues. The rear axle bearings in my F150 have gone square, and the dealer wants $500 a side to fix it. I guess Ford had a better idea. :mad:

Fix it myself if I didn't have a broken back. :cry:

Last Ford product I'll ever buy...

I do know those blues. The rear axle bearings in my F150 have gone square, and the dealer wants $500 a side to fix it. I guess Ford had a better idea. :mad:

Fix it myself if I didn't have a broken back. :cry:

Last Ford product I'll ever buy...

Unless I absolutely had to, the dealer is the last place I'd take my truck for repair. I have two local mechanics I deal with. I go to the one with the least wait time if I can't fix it myself.

Unless I absolutely had to, the dealer is the last place I'd take my truck for repair. I have two local mechanics I deal with. I go to the one with the least wait time if I can't fix it myself.
My dealer charges me $10 less an hour than my local mech. My local will let you buy the parts but charges $10 more an hour and DONT bring it back if YOUR part is cheap crap and brakes.
Anywhoo---------DEEEEEEEEEP BREATH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> There is a 2013 Jeep Patriot parked in my drive as I type.
Funny how things work..went down to get a loaner and came back with the Patriot.
Havent pulled the trigger on it yet, we are test driving it for the weekend.
WHERES THE MUD...:lol:
So, what happened?..Well for one thing,I brought Sandy with me.
Our/HER!, 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee has 100,000 on it and its days are numbered (could go to 200,000 but thats a long shot).
Instead of putting the coin into a used PU that the dog and I will just crud up,and will have no room for the nightout gang,we decided it be better to get a new FAMILY rig and the dog and I can go Jeepers in the 07 Cherokee.
Tonight we took the Patriot to supper w/ Sandys Bro and wife.
I guess it will work. Lacks HP but its good on gas...
Tomorrow we will tool it down the highway and see how it does.
Going out for supper again....$$$$$$$$:flyingpig:.....:facepalm:
To be continued...

Done deal.
Signed on the line this afternoon.
$22K and change.
Didnt even get a shirt...or a hat...key chain..air freshener...NOTA!!!!!!!!!
So,Sandy gets the new one and I get the 07 Grand Cherokee.
Kodiac (dog) doesnt like either SUV..he wants his PU truck back.
It had a bench seat and the SUVs are buckets and he cant lay down in the front.And,the FRONT is his spot.
He pitches a fit when he gets stuck in the back when Sandy comes along for the ride.
Anywhoo-Hope I can get 200,000 out of it like I did the Dakota.

jeep.jpg

Thanks..
I do miss my PU.
Ill get me another one sometime.
I need one with a plow set-up.
I got about 700' driveway plus our parking area to plow every winter.
I use me tractor now ,but its open cab and that gets COLD.

Shoot, hook the plow up to the Patriot!...Oh, wait, better ask Sandy first!:roll: I am sure the Grand Cherokee could handle the plow tho!LOL...Anyway congrats on the new wheels! :clap:

Back