Blast Stand Off Replacemenet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ric360/12

Reaction score
I just bought the Estes Super Shot kit from HL today. I have completed everything but the 3/16 Inch Blast Deflector Stand Off did not come with my kit.

I was supposed to launch it today so you can imagine my disappointment that ONE little piece did not come with it...

The piece is 99 cents online but 5 dollars of shipping.... Is there a substitution piece I can buy from Lowes or Home Depot under some other name?

I just bought the Estes Super Shot kit from HL today. I have completed everything but the 3/16 Inch Blast Deflector Stand Off did not come with my kit.

I was supposed to launch it today so you can imagine my disappointment that ONE little piece did not come with it...

The piece is 99 cents online but 5 dollars of shipping.... Is there a substitution piece I can buy from Lowes or Home Depot under some other name?
I assume you need the plastic stand-off that fits in the metal deflector. It is often taped inside the launch pad hub.
1/4-in Barbed Barb x MIP Adapter Fitting https://www.lowes.com/pd/B-K-1-4-in-Barbed-Barb-x-MIP-Adapter-Fitting/1000504923

Plus large diameter stainless washers and a matching nut.

Perfect solution, as it is metal and screws into the plate and stays with it, also cheap and likely available at any hardware store

This fits the standard plate, you may want to bring your plate in to the store to check fit, it may be different.828C6612-0E9D-41B4-A285-6E3FECDA592D.jpegCCAF6B5C-0569-4C9F-879F-3AB26B9A5986.jpeg8BF61C78-73C3-464C-A578-D6D4E5EA67D0.jpeg

I used one of these bike brake adjusters for my plate
1607578577932.png
As for lifting the rocket off the plate I keep a large park woodchip in my kit. Its been in there close to a year now.

Latest posts

Back