Black powder confusion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megaman

Reaction score
Can storebought black powder be compressed and used as effectively as homemade powder? Also, can Pyrodex be compressed the same way.

If you mean as a propellant for a motor, not easily. And pyrodex I don't think would work at all but I haven't tried it.

Using BP as a propellant in research isn't allowed per TRA rules. Also, discussing propellants outside of the research forum here isn't allowed.

Where is the “research” forum? I’m unable to find that one.
"Research" is a restricted forum. You must be a US citizen and a member of either NAR or TRA and certified level 1 or greater. if you qualify, send a PM to one of the mods for instructions on access. I believe you have to send them a photocopy of your NAR/TRA card.

Making your own motors is restricted to the research forum. Black powder and sugar motor making is not allowed in the main forum. We have a special research area for that. Unfortunately, access is restricted to US citizens that are certified through NAR and TRA.

Back