• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

BigRedBee GPS Connection Issue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avid

Reaction score
Hello, working with the BigRedBee 70cm 100mw Transmitter.

Anyone also have issues connecting with the transmitter through the COM port with the USB interface? According to the datasheet, when you try to read from the module, the settings are supposed to appear in a window like the one shown below from the datasheet. However - and we've tried this with multiple computers and different BigRedBee application folders - it is unable to connect and the application often stops responding when trying to read from the module. In the first place, it's not easy to find where to download the software, since the link on the data sheet takes you to a page that doesn't exist.

If anyone has had this problem and resolved it, what might be the cause? I believe I have the correct drivers installed and have plugged it in with the specified order. Not sure if its compatibility issues since the software is older but anything would be helpful.

1714369636760.png

I've never used the BigRedBee components, but try swapping out the USB cable to make sure you have a cable that transfers data vice just charging.

I've never used the BigRedBee components, but try swapping out the USB cable to make sure you have a cable that transfers data vice just charging.
Yeah, I have tried it with a couple different cords, one of which I know for sure is a data one since I've used it on other projects. but thx

I have used several Bees for years. The 440 GPS one I got used a few months is doing the same thing you are having issues with, yet the same cable and USB connector board will read and write my BeeRDF beacon just fine.

I also have the 2 meter high power BeeGPS and had no issues with that one in the past.

Back