Biconic Nose Cones in OpenRocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raythain

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Starting to work on my first scratch build, and I didn't see an option for a biconic nose cone in OpenRocket. Do I need to model this as a small conic nose cone and a transition?

Here's the NC in question (a Custom PC-20A) that I picked up in the clearance bin of my LHS.
Nose Cone.JPGTag.JPG

Thanks Neil.

Follow up question - is there an "import .ork as subassembly" or "export as part" that I can use to save the whole subassembly for easy use later? Or will I need to just start with the file that is just the nose cone when I want to use it?

You pretty much need to save the nose as an ORK file. You can then use it as a starting point or copy/paste from that file into your design.

Ability to save subassemblies as components is an open feature request, and I hope we’ll get to it eventually. But not soon.

Ability to save subassemblies as components is an open feature request, and I hope we’ll get to it eventually. But not soon.
Thanks Neil. I didn't see anything about it on the wiki, but I didn't dive into the GitHub to check. Open a separate file and copy/paste is close enough to a true subassembly feature for me.

Back