Best Retailer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alby

Reaction score
Is their anybody out there who sells H Motors and has the cheapest
possible shipping costs or no shipping costs at all? I'm just looking for
an alternative to getting motors at the field.

I'm a lot like you- i really hate paying 'x' $$'s for a motor I've seen for 25% cheaper on line, but the reality is I like my vendor(s) at the launch site where I have instant access to a good inventory. Having said that, there is the HazMat fee that automatically makes a motor purchase that much more expensive, so you have to order a lot more to save that fee and spread it out. Yes, I do mail order and yes I buy from my vendors. Why pay the postal service to fold spindle and mutilate a body tube when my vendor has them I can look at a see what condition they are in before I buy? On the East Coast, I'd check out WildMan for motors and look into the awesome kits, too!

Most H motors, if not all, require HAZMAT, which means you'll have to order a LOT at once before anyone will even consider eating the shipping.

Instead of going for the cheapest, go for who supports you - if there's a local vendor and their prices are fair, support them. It's in the bat interest of your local club to keep that vendor coming back.

-Kevin

Most H motors, if not all, require HAZMAT, which means you'll have to order a LOT at once before anyone will even consider eating the shipping.

Instead of going for the cheapest, go for who supports you - if there's a local vendor and their prices are fair, support them. It's in the bat interest of your local club to keep that vendor coming back.

-Kevin

All of the Aerotech 29mm H motors require Hazmat, besides that, there isnt any more.

Like Kevin says go with the local vendor! My local vendor is great, supportive and sells motors at RIDICULOUS prices.

Alex

All of the Aerotech 29mm H motors require Hazmat, besides that, there isnt any more.

Like Kevin says go with the local vendor! My local vendor is great, supportive and sells motors at RIDICULOUS prices.

Alex

Only AT 29mm H black motors require hazmat. The others can ship USPS.

Ken Allen at Performance Hobbies is a good guy to deal with,,,

I suppose its a wash for me. The cost of Hazmat is about the same amount
I'll pay in fuel getting to/from fields to buy from local vendors. .

If you check out our AeroTech reload page on our website, we show you which motors can be shipped with and without the hazmat charge. Like Chris said all of the 29mm H motors can be shipped without the hazmat charge except the black motors. We also sell our reloads for 20% off the MSRP.
Some of our stuff is out of stock right now, but we are expecting a new delivery in about a week.

Danny

I suppose its a wash for me. The cost of Hazmat is about the same amount
I'll pay in fuel getting to/from fields to buy from local vendors. .

If you are buying at a local launch, wouldn't you be driving there anyway to fly? In that case fuel costs would part of being able to fly in the first place. As Troj said, you would have to buy a lot more motors than you might want to overcome shipping and hazmat even with a steep discount much less have a big enough order for the vendor to consider eating it.

Keep in mind, that vendor at your launch paid shipping and hazmat to get them delivered to him as well, so even at full retail he is eating that cost right off the bat. Plus, he is bringing them right to you and all the other launches he services and that is certainly not cheap to do either.

Thanks,

Mark

If you check out our AeroTech reload page on our website, we show you which motors can be shipped with and without the hazmat charge. Like Chris said all of the 29mm H motors can be shipped without the hazmat charge except the black motors. We also sell our reloads for 20% off the MSRP.
Some of our stuff is out of stock right now, but we are expecting a new delivery in about a week.

Danny

Ohh, now that sounds like my type of eRetailer. What is the web link?

Back