• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Bel Decal Performance

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
I have had pretty decent luck in the past with BelDecal papers with my Lexmark Printer (Z65). But lately, it seems that the quality of print has declined. Close inspection shows that the ink isn't flowing on the paper as it has in the past.

The change was noticed when I got a new batch of paper but BelDecal says nothing has changed. Yesterday, I had to replace my printer (I went with a Canon photo printer) and now the qaulitiy has taken another plunge. Lines are not as crisp, and ink tends to flow into other colors. I have played with different paper and qaulity settings and have gotten it to where it's "acceptable" but it still not what it used to be.

What has been your experience with this paper and what printers are you using? What are your likes and dis-likes?

so far good results with an HP printer using HP ink...

so I wonder could it be from the differences in ink brands?

I know that HP ink is a different formulation from any other brand
tho not sure about others.

Originally posted by stymye
so far good results with an HP printer using HP ink...

so I wonder could it be from the differences in ink brands?

I know that HP ink is a different formulation from any other brand
tho not sure about others.

I went from an HP to a Lexmark only because I had heard that the HP had a tendency to crack (the ink that is). I was happy with the Lexmark. I would agree that the recent quality issue is probably related to the Canon ink.

I am using a Dell branded printer but it's really a Lexmark and I have been happy with the quality on the Bels decal paper for the most part.

I did have one sheet that the ink wouldn't flow correctly on. The part of the sheet that wouldn't accept ink was in the shape of a handprint so I can only surmise that someone leaned on that sheet during the manufacturing process.

Back