GO Battlepark Launch Apr 14-16

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tHoagland

Rocket Builder
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This weekend (April 14-16) is the final launch of the flying season at Battlepark. We're expecting great weather and a big turn-out. In addition to our usual great club flights;
  • Battle of the Rocket's will be flying Saturday and Sunday. This also means fun and exciting flights.
  • The Burnt Ends food truck will be on-site on Saturday afternoon. A far better option than the beef jerky or PB&J you usually eat during a launch.
  • The club is hosting a hot dog launch Saturday evening. Feel free to bring a side dish to share, hang out next to the fire, and socialize with fellow rocketeers.
  • Ken from Perfornamce Hobbies will be at the launch Saturday and Sunday. Coordinate directly with Ken in advance if you need something "unique".

Anyone else have any particularly interesting flights planned for this launch?

We are looking to end the 2022 - 2023 season with one of the largest launches we have had in some time, c'mon out and fly with us.

If the conditions are good I'm planning on flying "No Limits" on an Aerotech K1800 Super Thunder. Should hit right about 6,000'.

Also thinking about sending the carbon fiber wrapped Laser LOC 313 on an Aerotech J825. Would do a tic over 5,000' and pull 35 Gs off the rail.

Two house keeping updates:

- Found that Ken and Performance Hobbies will be at the launch all three days, Friday 4/14 - Sunday 4/16

- The TCV hotdog roast will be held Saturday evening after flying

Looking forward to an EPIC launch!!!!!

-Sean

We are looking to end the 2022 - 2023 season with one of the largest launches we have had in some time, c'mon out and fly with us.

If the conditions are good I'm planning on flying "No Limits" on an Aerotech K1800 Super Thunder. Should hit right about 6,000'.

Also thinking about sending the carbon fiber wrapped Laser LOC 313 on an Aerotech J825. Would do a tic over 5,000' and pull 35 Gs off the rail.
I expect to see pics and video of said K-1800 please... :)

As the weather forecast stands right now Friday looks like the best day. So unless that changes I will be there on Friday. I plan to fly my Cowabunga Mammoth on a CTI 6 grain 75mm M1770 Skidmark. (If it's too dry for sparky motors then it will be a M1590 instead).20180930_121700.jpg

couple of pictures of the Cowabunga Mammoth on Friday.

Attachments

• DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    938.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0030.JPG
    DSC_0030.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0031.JPG
    DSC_0031.JPG
    317.1 KB · Views: 0
Was an incredible way to end the flying season.

Overall the weather was fantastic. A passing drizzle here and there on Saturday wasn't bad and only held up flying for 30min or so.

In the end we saw over 260 flights from 1/2A to M power and even a few hybrids.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the fall!

-Sean

Back