BARC HPR Launch - 10/17 (So. Jersey)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wighty44

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Assuming no dignitaries or hurricanes are coming our way, the Bridgeton Area Rocket Club (BARC) will finally be able to hold its inaugural HPR launch in South Jersey at our Rabbit Hill Farm field on October 17, 2015.

Field Directions and Launch Day information may be reviewed on the BARC Website. Pads open at 10:00AM, present FAA authorization is 5,000 ft (upgrading to 8K in 2016).

10/14/15 Update:

BARC's inaugural HPR launch day is almost here! The property owner gave use the "green light" for both 10/17 and our bonus launch on 10/31. He did mention that he has newly planted grass seed in areas away from our normal launch site that may temporarily impact some recoveries if we get a lot of rain before launch day.

Presently only predicted wind conditions may limit higher altitude flights, so be prepared to use the appropriate size motor to recover within our launch boundaries.

Tomorrow is promising medium winds, and crisp autumn temperatures. Looking forward to attending the launch!
Although the temperature will be cool, I would really have liked less wind. But I guess I didn't get a say in that... :wink:

Don't forget to say hi! I typically will be at the RSO's table (unless I'm recovering a rocket). Glad to have you attend.

BARC’s inaugural HPR launch went very well. Although temperatures were brisk, and the winds varied between 3-13 MPH, it was our most successful launch this year. 31 rockets were launched and all were recovered well. Thrust-wise the launch expended 2,229N (86% from high power motors).

And… We gained 3 new members – welcome Winn, Bruce, and Jonathan

Don’t forget we also have a Halloween bonus launch on Oct. 31st. :D

That's great Mike..
I'm glad you guys had a wonderful day at the field. ..
I wish many more for you all.....

Teddy

Back