• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Auctioning off OOP kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LW Bercini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, I finally have everything in order, and am ready to kick this thing off...

Starting next Sunday, Nov 17, I will begin to auction off 88 out-of-production kits (models and some support items). The auction will run for a total of 9 weeks, with 10 items auctioned off each week.

At 10:00PM EST next Sunday, I will explain how the auction will be conducted and what to expect.

So until then, hold your questions, and enjoy this preview of the auction items, in alphabetical order by kit name (and not in auction order).

10800483096_4e36e1a03d_o.jpg

Last edited:
I need to talk to the bishop, the hospital administrators and my wife about a raise.

I need to talk to the bishop, the hospital administrators and my wife about a raise.

Well of course, I don't know how the bids will run, but I can promise you the opening prices will be very, very reasonable. Just ask sodmeister, J-ROD, and Cl(VII)!

Well of course, I don't know how the bids will run, but I can promise you the opening prices will be very, very reasonable. Just ask sodmeister, J-ROD, and Cl(VII)!

It's not the opening bids that worry me!!!!!:sigh::sigh:

Seriously, I want the whole list but there are a few on there that are on my all time, really want it bad, "how mad can the wife really get" list.

Indeed ,and guess who is drooling and shaking at the moment.........

I shall be watching this closely :clap:

Paul t

WOW! That's quite a list! Glad to see you're going to do them over several weeks. 88 at one time would be a tremendous amount of work.

GOOD LUCK! :eek:

Verna
www.vernarockets.com

The first round of the auction begins tonight.

But before I list the items, allow me to explain a few things.

First of all, I am not a vendor, nor am I a collector. I’m a rocket hobbyist like all of you. The fact that I have a kit in my possession means I had always intended to build it. I am in my second incarnation as a BAR and realize I have far, far, far more than I can ever build.

Now that you know that my reason for having these kits was my desire to build them, you will understand why I never worried about keeping them in pristine condition. After all, I was keeping them for myself. But realize that I have had these out-of-production kits for 20 to 35 years, in cardboard boxes, moved in and out of storage units in 3 different cities, maybe 6 times.

As a result, the packaging is “shop worn”. Every kit is unopened and complete unless I specify otherwise. However, all the handling over the years has caused many of the die cut fin sheets to separate, and in some cases, the tubes are slightly out of round on one end or the other. Not crushed or creased, just less than perfectly circular on one end. In my opinion, these tubes are still perfectly fine for use in building the kit.
Potential Buyers please note: IF YOU ARE UNWILLING TO ACCEPT SUCH CONDITION ISSUES, SPARE US BOTH AND DO NOT BID ON THE KIT!!:gavel:

If I observe any significant issue with a kit, I will report it at the time it is auctioned. However, I will not open any sealed packages to inspect the contents. And if I can’t see it, I cannot report on it!

Perhaps it goes without saying, but I will anyway. You cannot expect rubber shock cords and adhesive tape disks to still be useable after so many years. In addition, you should probably inspect your decal sheets before you use them. Sometimes the film can crack with age. I recommend you overcoat them with some liquid decal film before you use them.

Finally, a word about your seller. I am a busy guy with a big family (one family member that is disabled), ageing in-laws, a house and yard and a full time job. I will make every effort to keep to my promised auction schedule. If I don’t get an update done at the scheduled time, please cut me some slack. Things can get hectic some times and I’m sure it happens to all of you from time to time.

I work from home and do not have a vehicle during business hours on weekdays. Therefore, the only day I can get to the post office is on Saturdays. I will run the auctions to allow me sufficient time to process the winning bids and get the purchases in the mail on Saturdays.

Last edited:
Each round of the auction runs from Sunday at 10:00PM EST to Wednesday at 10:00PM EST.

Bids are only accepted via PM. Any bid received via the forum thread or e-mail will be ignored

On Mondays and Tuesdays at (or near) 10:00PM EST, I will post the current winning bid. I will also (try really hard to) post the current winning bids on Wednesday at 12:00 noon EST.

The earliest highest bid I receive before the 10:00PM EST cutoff on Wednesdays, wins the item. I will use the timestamp on the PM for assessing the time of the bid.

Now here is a little twist that you’ll like…
Just because you have a high bid, does not mean you have to pay that much! No, you pay only $1.00 more than the second place bid. For example, if you have the highest bid at $25.00, and the second highest bid is $15.00, you win the auction at $16.00 (plus shipping costs)

I will notify you via PM if you won the item, and provide you with an e-mail address to use while we finish the transaction. The reason I want to do this is so that I can keep my PM in-box clear for the next auction round.

As I said earlier, I can only get to the post office on Saturdays. After I return from mailing your purchase, I will e-mail you with your total and a tracking number. Unless you tell me otherwise, I will use the least expensive postal rate available for the package. In addition, I will notify you via e-mail if I was not able to make the post in time.

DO NOT SEND PAYMENT UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR ITEM(S) AND YOU ARE SATISFIED!!!

If there is an issue with your purchase, please allow me the opportunity to make it right for you. After all, since I am trusting you to pay me after receiving the goods, afford me the same good will by keeping the issue resolution out of the public eye.

I will accept check, money order, cash or PayPal payment.

I am well aware there have been some pretty crappy things going on with some sales around here. But know that I am fairly well known here. Many of you (e.g. Pantherjon) have even met me in person. I have done a number of one-off sales with other forum members (e.g. sodmeister) and they have been quite satisfied. If you need to, please consult the TRF Good Buyers thread.

Let the auction begin...

This auction is ended. Congratulations to the winners!:cheers:

11-17 Auction front view.jpg 11-17 Auction back view.jpg

ManufacturerKit #Kit NameStarting PriceWinner
EstesK-27Honest John*$10.00once69
EstesK-37Scrambler$15.00rokitflite
EstesK-51Sandhawk*$15.00Massrokit
MPC Astrobee-D$8.00Massrokit
Estes1298X-Wing Fighter$25.00davdue
Centuri5325Alien Scoutship Flying Saucer$12.00Massrokit
Estes2002Thunderhawk$7.00dfuller
Estes0892Little Joe II$20.00once69
EstesK-11Wac Corporal*$8.00once69
Estes2016Explorer Aquarius$30.00once69

Round 2 of the auction starts at 10PM Nov 24

Last edited:
I just posted in the good sellers thread, but I want to say here that the OP is excellent to deal with. I recently made a purchase from him, and the shipping was quick, the packaging was excellent, and the item was exactly as described.

I will be sitting out this round, but will be an active bidder down the line.

Woo hoo, I got one!

At some point do we get to know what the winning amount was on each of the kits? Or do we have to remain in a perpetual state of "if only I had bid $1 more..."

-Dave

You have not yet e-mailed your shipping information. If I don't hear from you today, you will have to wait another week before I can ship your kits!

:bangpan:

Round 2 starts at 10:00PM EST on Nov 24.

Here is a preview:

10994534976_49f6c6de95_b.jpg
10994446775_ca0cbe7098_o.jpg

ManufacturerKit #Kit NameStarting Price
Estes1938Titan II
Estes1279Nike Ajax*
FSI1002Stargazer
Estes1345Dragon Ship 7
NCRTempest
T.H.O.Y.Phoenix
CanarocScorpion
CanarocWarlock
Estes2035Optima
Estes2018Super Big Bertha

I will post the starting prices on Sunday night when the auction begins.

Last edited:
Canaroc? Canaroc?! Did I read that correctly? Quick, somebody call 911 for me, I think my heart is going to set a new world record for tachycardia!:y:

I sent me address to you PM box. Sorry about taking so long just got don't working three grave yards from 6 pm to 6 am and did not have time to even look at the fourm

:sad: :cry: Bound and gagged... I'm typing this with my toes. "The Boss" is strict sometimes but I still have the best benefits package around. :grin:

Back