AT White Lighting vs. CTI White

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandman444

Reaction score
First of all this isn't a AT vs. CTI "whos better" thread.

I want to know which is visually most pleasing to you.

I want to be clear that White IS NOT White Thunder.

If you have photos of the two (peticularly CTI's new White)

I'm trying to decide between CTI's L851White or AT's L850W (Both 75mm 3grain whites)

Bryce

Last edited:
I believe CTI white is a bit higher performance in a given case, but for pure visual effect, white lightning has it IMHO.

(Click for enormous version)

which one is jack going to have in stock during roctober? if that's not a factor then which one has a longer burn? because i know which rocket ur gonna use, and a longer burn will look soo awesome on that.

Here is my rocket on a CTI White J290, which is the fits in the 38-5G case. As cjl said, the White has a bit more impulse, considering the Aerotech counterpart is the I284, about a 80 N-s difference. I like the CTI White because its burntime in this case is a bit longer, and the flame is a bit more defined, whereas the White Lightning has the "shuttle SRB" look to it. They are certainly a different product, but both are great in my opinion. I am really itching to put the L851 in my Intimidator 5. The overcast sky doesn't really make a good background, it was more impressive than the picture shows. If you would like to see a video, scroll 2/3 the way down this page to see the launch:

https://nefar.net/gallery/2011-07/index.html

IMG_6879.jpg

IMG_6882.jpg

IMG_6883.jpg

Haven't seen either of these reloads but judging from the certification papers and the manufacturer's descriptions, I don't think you couldn't figure out which is which just from observing the launch. Propellant weights and burn times are essentially the same so they're going to look very similar. :confused2:

The casing you have and/or the vendor at your launch will probably determine which one you load and launch. :)

Bob

Last edited:
The closest apples-to-apples comparison I have is a CTI J140 White (the yellow rocket) and an AT J135 White Lightning (the blue rocket).

image-scratch---k20k-600.jpg

image-performance-rocketry---g3-600.jpg

Back