Art Applewhite Rockets - Qubit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Qubits are indeed a whole lotta fun to fly! :D

I've flown my 29mm version 3 times now, once on an F25W & twice on F20Ws. It easily achieved altitudes greater than my 29mm Delta Saucer with G35s, yet comes down just as gently :) There will definitely be a time in the near future when I get my hands on some more G35s...and they will be destined for my Qubit!

This is an enjoyable thread for me... I love saucers, and have one of Art's 29mm "Smiley's".... and an 18mm version....I tell ya... anyone who has yet to try out one of these little beauties (yeah, you, firemanup) is missing out.. these things are a kick!
I gotta get one of these Stealths....

I flew my 29mm Stealth last weekend. Or rather, I attempted to. Unfortunately, my 29/40/120 RMS casing suffered a forward closure failure that resulted in a nice stream of fire ripping through the front tip of my rocket! Poor thing ended up sitting there on fire for a little while before I could run out to put out the flames... total loss, including the RMS Casing.:(

WW

wwattles

I'm sorry to hear that. I've used several F52's and I never had a problem. Its too bad that it trashed your RMS casing.

Just be glad that it wasn't a White Lightning, such as an F40. If that were the case, you would have had a bigger fire on your hands.

You might want to contact Aerotech. They may replace your casing and reload.

Originally posted by Donaldsrockets
You might want to contact Aerotech. They may replace your casing and reload.

My club president (and local vendor) already is. Worst case scenario, I have to buy a new casing. Best case, I get it replaced by Aerotech. Doesn't hurt to ask!

WW

Originally posted by rocket877
Here is a variation on the 13mm Qubit you might find interesting.:)

"Resistance is futile"
You will be assimilated...
I just built the 13mm stealth and it was a hoot!! can't wait to fly it ....maybe in the front yard........:rolleyes:

Originally posted by SwingWing
can't wait to fly it ....maybe in the front yard........:rolleyes:

You can indeed fly the 13mm Qubits in your front yard. They stay low (~100ft) but they can drift on the way down if it's windy. It's amazing what a little paper rocket can do :D

I built a few Qubits out of matte board scraps. I have used them for the last several school launches, and they are STURDY.
They only go to about 50 ft on 18mm As or Bs, and they come straight back down no matter what the wind is doing in Texas.

The things are bullet-proof.

Back